Marlon Santos

Catta

So he was linked to both West Ham and Southampton, and both teams bought two other defenders for 25 mil each. I expect our idiot board sending him on loan again because they failed selling him. I don't get it why did they cancel his loan at Nice without having an agreed deal for his sale.

Devils

[tw]1019223949874364418[/tw]

Lucky for us Coutinho has his EU passport now. Spot has opened up for Marlon!

BarçaBarça

Really stupid if we can't sell him. Why the hell bring him back before everything but the final signature is missing.
Not looking great with Abidal as the new sporting director - we still can't sell to save our lives.

Vestergaard is not worth nowhere near 25M, still we can't sell Marlon for half.

God Serena

Marlon and Mina both need to go, even if it's into loan hell. We have 4 CBs already and that 5th spot should go to B team players getting trash or Copa minutes.

Porque

So stupid to bring him back when there is no agreed deal to sell him.

Same with not getting the Rafinha clause with Inter in writing, then they go and spend €38 million on frigging Nainggolen.

Usually in business you buy low and sell high. This board does the exact operate. Says it all.

BBZ8800

Really stupid if we can't sell him. Why the hell bring him back before everything but the final signature is missing.
Not looking great with Abidal as the new sporting director - we still can't sell to save our lives.

Vestergaard is not worth nowhere near 25M, still we can't sell Marlon for half.

Seriously, can you explain Marlon's worth when you remove Barca's glasses?

Vestrgaard played 7 years in Germany.
Marlon has one season at Barca B and 23 matches for Nice.
0 Nt matches.

Not all clubs are willing to overpay for: but he is young and he has potential.

I doubt that anyone will buy this guy.
And if we will be able to sell him, imo, that will be closer to 5-7 millions than to 15.

His skills are average and his european experience against decent opponents is poor.

I won't even comment on posts where some guys think that someone will actually pay 20-25 millions for Mina who played 3 matches in Europe.

serghei

0 Nt matches.

And if we will be able to sell him, imo, that will be closer to 5-7 millions than to 15.

His skills are average and his european experience against decent opponents is poor.

I won't even comment on posts where some guys think that someone will actually pay 20-25 millions for Mina who played 3 matches in Europe.

Agree about Marlon. Although he didn't cost a lot and he's probably on a low salary.

But, Mina? If someone doesn't pay up 30m. for him, then he can stay at Barcelona. He's more than worth how much we paid for him. Defenders who score vital goals at World Cups are rare. He was a beast for Colombia at the highest level. He can be a great buy for an EPL team. If they don't want to pay up, then he stays with us.

With Mina it is a win-win case.

Our biggest problem atm is the return of investment for Gomes, and Paco, which is low, not to mention Arda. Players who cost serious money, have big salaries and haven't contributed with much.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Usually in business you buy low and sell high. This board does the exact operate. Says it all.

It is easy to say that.
Nainggolan is an Nt player and Roma's starter for years.
Rafinha is a benchwarmer who is injury prone and doesn't play for an Nt team.

Again, if we remove Barca's glasses, imo, this is a real value of our deadwood:
Samper 1 million
Mina 5-10 m
Marlon 5-7m
Denis 10-15m
Gomes 15-25m
Rafinha 15m
Vidal 4-8m
Paco 15m

Remember:
If Paco's worth is 15m, then Barca needs to pay 25-30 to get him from a small team.
And when Barca wants to sell him to a small team, we will usually get 10-12m, less than his real value.
1. Small teams don't have money
2. A player has too high wages at Barca
3. We are desperate to get rid of him

When you sum it all, it is almost impossible to buy for low and sell for high prices for Barca, except in rare examples like Mats and Umtiti.
Almost all other recent signings lost their value.
For example, I don't believe that anyone would give us more than 80m for Dembele currently.

He is young, he has a high resell value only works in some cases, since we are overpaying for kids like crazy.

Last edited:

serghei

It is easy to say that.
Nainggolan is an Nt player and Roma's starter for years.
Rafinha is a benchwarmer who is injury prone and doesn't play for an Nt team.

Again, if we remove Barca's glasses, imo, this is a real value of our deadwood:
Samper 1 million
Mina 5-10 m
Marlon 5-7m
Denis 10-15m
Gomes 15-25m
Rafinha 15m
Vidal 4-8m
Paco 15m

Remember:
If Paco's worth is 15m, then Barca needs to pay 25-30 to get him from a small team.
And when Barca wants to sell him to a small team, we will usually get 10-12m, less than his real value.
1. Small teams don't have money
2. A player has too high wages at Barca
3. We are desperate to get rid of him

When you sum it all, it is almost impossible to buy for low and sell for high prices for Barca, except in rare examples like Mats and Umtiti.
Almost all other recent signings lost their value.
For example, I don't believe that anyone would give us more than 80m for Dembele currently.

He is young, he has a high resell value only works in some cases, since we are overpaying for kids like crazy.

Not as black and white as you make it, but yea, that's the picture. In some cases you undervalue our players. Mina is clearly worth more than 10m (actually more than double that), Samper is worth more than 1m, Paco is worth slightly more than 15m.

BarçaBarça

0 Nt matches.

We had a perfect deal with Nice, who loaned him for 2 years, where he made some fine progress, without getting a real breakthrough in european football yet.
Therefore we should have left him there until only the signatures on the buying-papers were missing. To loan him out would be another embarrassment for the club, and a move which other clubs look at and say: you can always fool around with Barca, they aren't very professional when it comes to transfers.

I don't know how much he is worth - I'm not saying that either Vestergaard or Marlon is worth 25M - none of them are!
I was quite surprised by the rumours of 15M€-offers for Marlon earlier on - but it turns out to be media-stories that our sporting director read, believed in, and called Marlon back because of. That is quite stupid.

Home of Barca Fans