Marlon Santos

Messi983

Why did we bring him back?

Even if this deal with WH won't go through we can still sell him. He apparently had multiple offers from EPL clubs.

What I find strange is that Nice has confirmed Marlon won't play for them next season already 4 days ago but there was still no official confirmation from Barça (If I didn't miss something) so it's possible we are still negotiating with WH or other interested clubs.

MTL_Barca

Even if this deal with WH won't go through we can still sell him. He apparently had multiple offers from EPL clubs.

What I find strange is that Nice has confirmed Marlon won't play for them next season already 4 days ago but there was still no official confirmation from Barça (If I didn't miss something) so it's possible we are still negotiating with WH or other interested clubs.

It's pretty clear we'll sell him and brought him back from the loan because of that so they probably wait till they can announce his transfer.

Jombi

Not surprising considering the sale price continued to decrease with each news report. Will probably be loaned out again.

Messi983

According to Sport:

Kia Joorabchian has been key in finalising Barcelona's sale of Marlon to West Ham. An agreement was made between all parties for €15m but there are still minor details which need to be ironed out before the deal goes though.

Would be great but they've reported the same about a month ago and nothing happened. WH bought Issa Diop for 25M in the meantime so I'm still sceptical about these rumours being true. I know EPL clubs are full of money but can WH really afford to spend 40M on two CBs?

BBZ8800

I don't believe that West Ham will buy him.

El Mundo and Sport are lying all the time how everyone are after our players like Rafinha, Denis, Gomes, Vidal, Deulofeu.
Yet, majority will either get loaned till death or sold for a few Millions.
Also, whenever we buy a player, propaganda says that a player wanted to play only for us and similar and how signing of a each new player is a huge success and achievement.

Articles like this are both making our board good, plus, lies like this are raising a hype and a price about player for other potential clubs to actually approach.

Until Marlon or anyone signs for some other club, I don't believe in these rumors too much.

MTL_Barca

I don't believe that West Ham will buy him.

El Mundo and Sport are lying all the time how everyone are after our players like Rafinha, Denis, Gomes, Vidal, Deulofeu.
Yet, majority will either get loaned till death or sold for a few Millions.
Also, whenever we buy a player, propaganda says that a player wanted to play only for us and similar and how signing of a each new player is a huge success and achievement.

Articles like this are both making our board good, plus, lies like this are raising a hype and a price about player for other potential clubs to actually approach.

Until Marlon or anyone signs for some other club, I don't believe in these rumors too much.

Well i think this is a bit different. He was originally loaned to Nice until 2019 so it's not like he is deadweight we have to get rid like Vidal or Gomes.

We brought him back earlier from his loan to sell him. Even our retarded board wouldn't do that without any solid offers, at least i hope so :lol:

Getting around 30M for him + Deulofeu would be nice since it was unexpected. The difficult part will be getting permanently rid of Gomes and Vidal for ok prices. And then we still have Rafa to sell.

And Lord Douglas of course, but best case there is finding someone that pays a bit of his salary lol

BBZ8800

Well i think this is a bit different. He was originally loaned to Nice until 2019 so it's not like he is deadweight we have to get rid like Vidal or Gomes.

I don't see his loan as something positive or as a proof how he is good.
Imo, he was loaned because he wouldn't play here at all, so a loan is a win-win.
1. he'll play
2. if he'll improve, we can bring him back or sell
3. if he fails, at least we tried and he played at some club

Vidal played a lot before Barca and he was somewhat playable at Barca.
Gomes was an NT player, played for Valencia as a starter, played a lot for Barca.

I still don't believe stories that we could actually get more money for Marlon than for Vidal or Denis, for example.
This is just my opinion, but if anyone offers close to 10M for him, that will be awesome.

To me, this sounds the same as Rafinha to Inter for 35M.
Way too good to be true.
Way too overpriced.

Remember, when BARCA or big clubs are buying players from smaller clubs=we need to overpay, because we are trying to "steal" the player, plus we are rich.
When BARCA or big clubs are selling players to smaller clubs=the price is low, because we are trying to get rid of a player and smaller teams are usually poor.

So, a player who is worth 10M, will get sold to Barca for 20 Millions.
But the same player, if he flops at Barca, will be sold for only 5M in 1-2 years to some smaller club.

So, people are repeating all the time: prices are high in a current market.
NO. Prices are high only when a big, rich team is trying to steal a player.
In other circumstances, prices are way lower.

All in all, let's see.
I just don't understand why would anyone pay 15M for Marlon.
We paid 10-ish M for Mina, who was supposed to be the best South American CB. Plus he is an NT starter.
Marlon is way below that and reports say that he had quite an average season at Nice.

So, let's see...

MTL_Barca

I don't see his loan as something positive or as a proof how he is good.
Imo, he was loaned because he wouldn't play here at all, so a loan is a win-win.

My point was that there was no need to cancel his loan now unless we already have an opportunity to sell. I mean why should we bring him back just to loan him again or hope someone shows interest? Doesn't make sense to me even with our "special" board.

We could've just left him at Nice and see how he is doing next season because it is 100% clear he can't stay with us so even testing him in pre-season wouldn't change anything.

So for me that means we either have offers for him and know we can sell him so we brought him back or (and that's where their incompetence kicks in) we believed club XY will buy him when in reality that's not true, like we believed Griezmann joins. Even with our board the 1st option makes more sense tho imo.

Overall i don't think 10M+ would be completely out of this world if there is interest from the PL, i mean just look at PL transfers there are tons of players i have never heard of for 10-15M and even a lot of "what the fuck how could they pay 20+ for him" transfers every season.

Maybe we fuck that up again but the fact that we brought him back from his loan leads me to believe that they are already working on a transfer this time.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]1012704268149592065[/tw]

Thought kid had potential. Probably still has eventhough I haven't seen him in Nice. 12 is nothing in this market but I guess it's not bad for a player we don't want and can't register (non-eu spots).

GL to him!

Home of Barca Fans