Marlon Santos

Zinedinho

Nonsense...

Palencia may not be an attack first fullback but compared to everyone we've tried at RB bar Vidal he's the best fit if all aspects of the position are to be taken into consideration.

Vidal is incredibly weak, defensively. At least Palencia is a defender.

Happy to see that Marlon looked good with the first team. I had my doubts. Anyway, we will need to sign another CB, and not just another "unproven" youngster.

Alik

Yes. Mascherano and Mathieu both need to be replaced.

Mascherano still has another season in him. I think that we would be ok with Pique, Umtiti, Masche, and Marlon as CBs next season - leaving us to focus on RB and CM purchases this summer.

xXKonan

[tw]864204956882145280[/tw]

[tw]864205218782867456[/tw]

His agent confirms he's staying as if there was any doubt.

Leo_Messi

He did well indeed but it is too soon to make a final judgement. His immediate future depends on that of Mascherano, Mathieu and possible reinforcements arriving this summer or in January 2018 (Davinson & Mina etc.). I believe that a loan to a domestic club and regular playing time will do him well.

Anyway I like the kid and he seems to have the right character (humble and hardworking) and mentality.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He did well indeed but it is too soon to make a final judgement. His immediate future depends on that of Mascherano, Mathieu and possible reinforcements arriving this summer or in January 2018 (Davinson & Mina etc.). I believe that a loan to a domestic club and regular playing time will do him well.

Anyway I like the kid and he seems to have the right character (humble and hardworking) and mentality.

Mathieu should be gone this summer and Marlon should get his spot... Then next season when Masch leaves we can get Davinson (sign him now and let him stay another year at Ajax on loan), Mina is not really that good so hopefully he sings for someone else...

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20170515-232211_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_16.jpg

MD's front cover saying Real Madrid tried to steal Marlon Santos away from Barcelona in 2016 but couldn't get him. I remember reading an article from MD around July, saying Real offered him better wages and a spot on the first team but he turned them down.

Leo_Messi

Mathieu should be gone this summer and Marlon should get his spot... Then next season when Masch leaves we can get Davinson (sign him now and let him stay another year at Ajax on loan), Mina is not really that good so hopefully he sings for someone else...

Mathieu is definitely going to be sold (or released knowing the board) this summer. Mascherano might leave as well but he will probably stay for another year if Valverde wants him to stay and if he accepts lesser playing time the next season. If not for the World Cup next summer I would be quite sure of him leaving.

We should have bought Davinson last summer but I talked about this in his thread. As for Mina, I am not that impressed by him either. Granted I don't watch Brazilian/South American football on a weekly basis but a player like Davinson looks much more interesting to me. Anyway both of them are young and much can happen with them.

As for Marlon I believe that it would be better for him to have continuous playing time rather than playing second fiddle to the likes of Piqué, Umtiti, Mascherano and possibly a new signing.

EMD already talking about the obligatory "RM wanted him but he rejected them" on today's front page and hyping him up.

Anyway I prefer to be cautious about young CB's and their debuts ever since I watched Chygrynskiy's debut and the reactions to his debut back then.

Messi983

I wouldn't say we are stacked at CB but surely our future surely seems a lot better at that position than in midfield.

El Barcelona

Mascherano still has another season in him. I think that we would be ok with Pique, Umtiti, Masche, and Marlon as CBs next season - leaving us to focus on RB and CM purchases this summer.

Exactly, no reason to buy another young cb. Give the man a shot next to Piqué when we play 'weak' La liga teams.

Home of Barca Fans