Marlon Santos

xXKonan

According to Globo we are currently in the process of using our buy option on Marlon.

they also say with us buying him this year we don't have to pay the extra 2 million in variables. and Sport says the same.

[tw]809707499796525057[/tw]

[tw]809708058658086913[/tw]

[tw]809708535441399808[/tw]

The variables are they typical ones you see that relate if lets say Marlon plays a certain amount of games etc if he was bought and promoted to the first team. with us buying Him now we avoid having to pay those extra 2 million.

One of the best deals we done in awhile especially for a huge talent like Marlon! sucks for Fluminense fans though as they were already tired of their board selling off their talented youngsters for cheap and this one just added to the misery.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...ce-direito-e-compra-marlon-do-fluminense.html

xXKonan

If we play our cards right with his development he could be our own Thiago Silva and a Pique successor when the time comes.

Fluminense, despite the clubs current issues they do have a great academy. I have been following the team quite a bit ever since we signed those First option deals on Kenedy,Marlon and Gerson from a year ago.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

If we play our cards right with his development he could be our own Thiago Silva and a Pique successor when the time comes.

Fluminense, despite the clubs current issues they do have a great academy. I have been following the team quite a bit ever since we signed those First option deals on Kenedy,Marlon and Gerson from a year ago.

Let's keep it realistic,T.Silva and Pique was at one time regarded best in their position in the world. You can't put a 21 years old prospect at the B team in same sentence with them before he plays regularly with 1st team.
For now if he turns out as a decent 4th option CB for the next half decade he will be a bargain. Anything more will be extra bonus.
We have to manage our expectations sometimes

xXKonan

Let's keep it realistic,T.Silva and Pique was at one time regarded best in their position in the world. You can't put a 21 years old prospect at the B team in same sentence with them before he plays regularly with 1st team.
For now if he turns out as a decent 4th option CB for the next half decade he will be a bargain. Anything more will be extra bonus.
We have to manage our expectations sometimes
Well I wasn't comparing Marlon to them in terms talent levels it was more in regards to style.

A CB who's good on the ball and great at defending and being a good leader is what I want Marlon to be. But like you said we need to manage our expectations for him. He will have some good guys to learn off of like Pique,Masche, and even Umtiti.

xXKonan

Marlon Santos stars in Barcelona training session ahead of the derby

The defender was congratulated by his team-mates for making his move to the club permanent

Barcelona B defender Marlon Santos is by all effects a Barcelona player now, after the club decided to take up their option to make his loan a permanent move.

The club have committed to paying six million euros to Fluminense for the defender.

Therefore, the first team players congratulated the Brazilian, who was the only B team player to train with the first team ahead of the derby against Espanyol on Sunday.

Captain Andres Iniesta and coach Luis Enrique were the most affectionate with Marlon.

The rest of the squad warmly applauded the young centre-back, who is now officially property of Barça.

Marlon made his first team debut in the Champions League win over Celtic in Glasgow, although he has not yet played in the Copa del Rey or the league.

With the option to buy, Barça save the two million euros in bonuses which would have been due if Marlon hit certain targets, such as playing a number of games for the first team.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...lona-training-session-ahead-the-derby-5697289

xXKonan

MD says the idea after we make after his transfer is finalized is to send him out on loan to a league that is stronger than Segunda in January.

I wonder who's willing to take Marlon on loan and is willing to give him the game time he needs until the end of the season? talent isn't an issue but he's still a bit raw as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If a Bundesliga team took on Jesus Vallejo, then I think a few teams definitely will be interested in Marlon too.

That if the idea is to send him out somewhere else than La Liga.

Good thing for a defender it doesn't matter even if it's not a top team as long as he gets to play regularly.

El Flaco

Jesus Vallejo was rated among one of the best talents in Spain even before he joined Eintracht Frankfurt.

He was absolutely massive in the U-19 Euro and captained his country to win the tournament + had formidable seasons for Zaragoza (was even captain for them in some games IIRC).

To be honest, I don't really think it' fair to compare Marlon with him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Jesus Vallejo was rated among one of the best talents in Spain even before he joined Eintracht Frankfurt.

He was absolutely massive in the U-19 Euro and captained his country to win the tournament + had formidable seasons for Zaragoza (was even captain for them in some games IIRC).

To be honest, I don't really think it' fair to compare Marlon with him.

You're right, but my comparison was more about both of the players' inexperience. Carvajal did also spend time in Germany with success.

xXKonan

Well to be fair to Marlon he played a big role in helping Brazil get to the final in the 2015 Fifa U-20 World Cup which they finished 2nd overall.

I think DonAK wasn't comparing them he was making a case where a team outside La Liga took a talented CB in Vallejo and gave him minutes that he needed to develop.

Last edited:

xXKonan

More Marlon News from MD.

(Shitty translation).

-The azulgrana club will save the 3.5 million already paid by Gerson to Fluminense and will only pay 2 million, with option to 2 more in variables if the defender plays five games with the first team

-The Brazilian center will have a three-year contract with Barça, as agreed prior to the purchase option

Marlon Santos will Barça B the remainder of the season and then will become the first team footballer for all purposes until June 2020. So he communicated the club to his representative, Giuliano Bertoulucci , a week ago. Barca a call option on saved Marlon for assignment when he finished this season at 5.5 million euros and has already made a contract contemplated with the player for three seasons.

Of the 5.5 million penned with the Fluminense for the signing, the club will only pay 2 million euros for the central since the Fluminense will deduct the 3.5 million that already paid the Barça for having a preferential option on the midfielder Gerson , who finally ended transferred to Rome.

The option of the assignment, on the table

To date, the club has no record of the future plans that Barça is reserving for him. In principle, and as reported by MD, the idea of ​​the Barça sporting direction was to sign it and give it to a Primera team so that it goes away firing in the Spanish League and gaining experience, considering that it is only 21 years old. Anyway, Marlon alone has between his eyebrows finish triumphing at the club and knows that if you happen to try to make a loan move to return soon merit the Camp Nou.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...4516/marlon-barcelona-fichaje-fluminense.html

translation sucks so I'm waiting for a better one but the gist of it is we are buying Marlon and we are saving cash by doing it early.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
*paid for Gerson

We already paid the difference for the first option on Gerson which we did not exercise, so I'm not really sure you can say we're saving money...

xXKonan

[tw]812221432268726272[/tw]

[tw]812221632446136320[/tw]

I probably read it wrong then [MENTION=15783]KingMessi[/MENTION]. but either way it's a good deal for us considering his talent.

Home of Barca Fans