Marlon Santos

Messi983

The two players I have question marks after this season are Mascherano and Mathieu. When it comes to Mascherano It's a mystery on what his motivations are despite him being in top form again. I have this feeling he maybe wants to leave after this season despite signing a new deal as he mentions he wanted to at least play in Italy once in his career and he nearly left for Juventus this summer but we will have to wait until the end of the season in regards to that.

I think Masche will stay until WC 2018.

No doubt I'd promote Marlon and keep him as our 4th CB. I think he's good enough and would also get quite a lot minutes as Lucho clearly likes him. What I'm a bit more worried about is the depth after Pique, Masche, Umtiti and Marlon. If we again have injury problems next season like we had so far this season and 2 CBs are out, then who would be called up from B team? Yes, Tarin is there but who knows how he'll recover from his injury and Lucho (if he stays) doesn't seem to rate him much anyway.

So do we keep Mathieu (who I like but will he even stay healthy when we need him?) or Vermealen (he'll come back most likely but I have even less trust in him to stay injury free) as insurance for 5th CB. Are Martinez or Borja good enough for that role? Or do we try to find "another Marlon" for Barça B (especially if they are promoted) who could maybe get some first team minutes if needed. Or maybe we go for someone like Yerry Mina and keep 5 CBs? Although it would be hard to get enough minutes for all three younger players (Umtiti, Marlon, Mina) in that case. Another option is to buy versatile player (RB or DM most likely) who could play CB as well in emergency but based on rumours I don't think we are looking for that type of players.

Of course if Masche leaves next summer then I think we should buy someone as I don't think Marlon is experienced enough to be 3rd CB and I don't think either Mathieu or Vermaelen could still be reliable in that position either.

raminho

I agree with people saying we should sign him in January. Look at someone like Varane. He wasn't THAT special when he first started playing but he's been quite solid ever since. Not worth the hype he attracted at some point but still a good back up for RM.

Surely we'd need a 5th option for the next season as well (if it's Pique, Umtiti, Masche, Marlon) but I'd love to see us giving a chance to someone very young and raw for a change. Marlon looks promising and has a great attitude. :)

F

FlaFCB

[tw]803949231723704320[/tw]

[tw]803949422925193216[/tw]

So, if Marlon had played in anoeta, Barça would lose the point won there, because he isn't properly registered. He'd be our cheryshev.
Same reason why he isn't in the squad for the cdr, he'll only be able to play liga and cdr in January, after the window is open and he is registered properly...

xXKonan

Weird why didn't anyone in the club or League officials notify us sooner?

Marlon has been with the first team for the past several weeks due to Umtiti and Mathieu and Pique being injured and no one told us he couldn't play because he wasn't properly registered? First his work permit now this. I feel bad for Marlon he just can't catch a break.

Well at least he could still play the dead CL game vs M'Gladbach soon.

xXKonan

Wait, didn't he play for us a week or two ago? Why are we not being punished for that?
He has yet to make his league debut despite being on the bench for the past several weeks.

he played in the CL though but we won't get in trouble since he's on our CL list and the CL isn't organized by Spain.

Raketa10

I just hope no one gets injured since Mathieu is out for another 15-20 days and Marlon is not allowed to play. And how come nobody was aware of this fact before today? What are people at the club doing, they should have known that.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]805433454540288001[/tw]

Md says he won't be able to play in liga or cdr until January. He can play in the CL, though.

Home of Barca Fans