Diego Forlan

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm out of ways to praise this man.

how's this: he's a third generation Copa America winner.

Juan Carlos Corazo won in 1967 as a coach
then his son
Pablo Justo Forlán won in 1967 as a substitute
then his son
Diego Forlán Corazo won in 2011 as a starter

Trickykid

@barcastuff
The negotiations to sign Inter Milan forward Diego Forlan (32) to replace Villa, recovering from an injury, are well-advanced. [fox sports]

No idea if there's any truth to it, but if he doesn't demand insane wages, he oughta be a pretty cheap addition. I'm not sure just how fucked up he's gotten at Inter, but being a super sub at Barca could rejuvenate him somewhat. I really wouldn't mind him, as he'd bring a heap of experience, goal scoring ability (well, he probably needs to rediscover it) and a slightly different style from the other attackers at Barca.

zanela

I won't mind a 6 months loan. But if we bought Forlan, he'd become superfluous upon Villa's return..and i'm not sure few starts in the Copa would be enough to keep the former happy. He also won't 've a re-sale value.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
we ain't never gonna make a winter signing... unless it is a promising, versatile player like Afellay. Not when we have promising kids ready to step up.

Also Forlan signing is meaningless(loan or otherwise) because he is CL cup-tied and he could only play the Liga/Copa games. We would rather ease in the youngsters in relatively easier Liga/Copa matches and get them ready for crunch situations in CL instead of giving them minutes to the said loan signing

zanela

ye..i forgot he's cup-tied. But we could use him in the big Liga games, or in the ones we find difficulty in breaking down the opposition. He's got a lethal shot in him.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
utterly pointless given the fluid system we're deploying these days.

unless we want him to be a backup mediapunta for Cesc/Messi.

but he'd barely play.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's got hamstring & ankle problems, can't even make Inter's squadlist...not sure how he'd even make Barça's

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
utterly pointless given the fluid system we're deploying these days.

unless we want him to be a backup mediapunta for Cesc/Messi.

but he'd barely play.

While I agree with all of this, it would mean getting to see Forlan in a Barca jersey. :wub:

Best human victory cigar since Sexy Lopez!

Chainsaw

Killahead
Forlan is not cup-tied. He was for the group stage, but he can represent Inter in the KO stage. Though I find this Forlan-Barca link rubbish.

Home of Barca Fans