Diego Forlan

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I can't believe he didn't have a thread yet o_O
Forlan has indeed hit shit-hot form now, I wouldn't be surprised if him or Villa pips Samu to the Pichichi (in fact I expect it). And bear in mind how Atleti has been playing in the last couple of months, incredible stats. Quite a few goals have been extremely crucial as well, like his 94th minute goal last game when they won 3-2. He scored one from like 80,000 yards out in that game as well. If he wasn't kind of old already i'd love to see him play for us, or is it true that CFs age better?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers for the thread. Forlan was a Pichichi in 2005 with Villarreal and he might do it again this season.
I remember Barca was interested few years back. Who knows, he could have turned out as amazing player for us...

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Hes been carrying A.Madrid for this entire second half. When you consider the type of shitty service hes got it makes it even more incredible. Almost all his goals seem to be screamers. How he was left out of their most important game of the season still defies logic.

B

blueduck

Poor guy had a torrid time in England :laugh:

He was a complete flop at united.

La liga is at a slower pace and I think it suits him more as he's is not strong enough for the Prem.

He's scored some class goals this season but he's getting on a bit now. £15 million would be a decent asking price imo

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
it's got nothing to do with pace.

he was 22 when he went to united, straight from south america, and he never got a look-in. fergie's never-ending hardon for van nistelrooy (only ended coz ronaldo got him even more excited) fucked forlan's chances. he was never given an extended run.

mind you he hit a scorching volley on his debut vs. leverkusen and had that gone in united would have made the european cup finals and who knows what would have become of ol' diego, eh?

class player.

BlaugranaGirl

He has to be one of the most underrated strikers in the world. Hard to believe it's the same player who couldn't seem score if his life depended on it at Man United.

nebeer

Love is All
Actually, his current form is making me wonder if we should sign him. He is physically strong and has a presence in front of the goal. He would be cheap and with the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and others feeding him - he should have a good scoring rate I suppose.

aRegularAce

Actually, his current form is making me wonder if we should sign him. He is physically strong and has a presence in front of the goal. He would be cheap and with the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and others feeding him - he should have a good scoring rate I suppose.

Yep, plus he has an excellent shot from distance. I also like his character, he prefers to stay low profile (spend time with his family, avoid media etc.), if i'm not mistaken.

Dont think he would be cheap though. Two seasons ago Atletico Madrid paid 20 million for him. He's been scoring a lot ever since... If Atletico dont make CL they might be forced to sell one/few of their players(Forlan could be on the list). If we do make a move for him I reckon he will cost us 15-25 million.

Home of Barca Fans