Diego Forlan

IraqiCulé

He'd be good for 2 seasons at Barca.

Btw, his goals this season have been insane:

[youtube]OtLYdRzl_WA[/youtube]

E

Esteve

based on what?

So risky. He hasn't had a chance to show where he stands as far as CL form goes, so we haven't got a clue whether he has what it takes to compete at the highest level or not. He was terrible at United & it's not like he scores 20+ league goals every season anyway. I'd rather keep :etoo:

maz

I walk the line
He's won the pichichi with two different clubs over the space of 5 years. That's got to count for something.

E

Esteve

I know, that's brilliant but other than those 2 seasons, he hasn't reached the 20 goal mark.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
So risky. He hasn't had a chance to show where he stands as far as CL form goes, so we haven't got a clue whether he has what it takes to compete at the highest level or not.

this is true, which is why I'd rather get villa.

but forlan would still be a great signing. with our production line he'd have plenty of chances to get goals in the CL.

He was terrible at United & it's not like he scores 20+ league goals every season anyway. I'd rather keep :etoo:

he barely got a consistent run at united and had trouble settling in england and he was in his early 20's when he went there so still had some maturing to do.

as for the 20+ thing, you do realise he plays for atleti, right? the most inconsistent side in the league? and in his two seasons with them he's managed 16 in 36 (which is pretty good) and this season 32 in 33 (which is downright obscene) including almost single-handedly dragging atleti to fourth place in the league.

I wouldn't rather keep eto'o. in terms of tactics, samuel generally sucks against bus parkage and given we just buttfucked the world this season we're gonna face some SERIOUS bus parkage in the next campaign. this will hinder samu.

meanwhile dego is a fucking howitzer. massive skill in terms of range shooting which provides us a threat against teams who drop-off to contain our passing.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He's won the pichichi with two different clubs over the space of 5 years. That's got to count for something.

exactly.

25 in his first lliga.
10 in his second as villarreal struggled to cope with a european campaign alongside the league.
19 in his third.
16 in his fourth with the super-inconsistent atleti.
32 in his fifth.

forlan = goals

E

Esteve

I agree, he would score goals for fun with all the chances he'd get at Barça but I'd rather keep Eto'o because we know he can compete at any level & he does so much work! Would Forlán match that work rate?

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Any good striker could score for Barca. I wouldn't mind Forlan but would prefer Villa.

beef-supreme

this is true, which is why I'd rather get villa.

but forlan would still be a great signing. with our production line he'd have plenty of chances to get goals in the CL.

he barely got a consistent run at united and had trouble settling in england and he was in his early 20's when he went there so still had some maturing to do.

as for the 20+ thing, you do realise he plays for atleti, right? the most inconsistent side in the league? and in his two seasons with them he's managed 16 in 36 (which is pretty good) and this season 32 in 33 (which is downright obscene) including almost single-handedly dragging atleti to fourth place in the league.

I wouldn't rather keep eto'o. in terms of tactics, samuel generally sucks against bus parkage and given we just buttfucked the world this season we're gonna face some SERIOUS bus parkage in the next campaign. this will hinder samu.

meanwhile dego is a fucking howitzer. massive skill in terms of range shooting which provides us a threat against teams who drop-off to contain our passing.

:goodpost:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i cant see him actually coming to Barça but i beleive he would look good playing with messi.. he is a different kind of player than eto'o eto'o used to get involved in play so much more and now he just waits more for service.. i am telling you to defend La liga next year we need a new main striker

Andrew M

Forlan is a strange player to me. He can score from pretty much anywhere yet can also miss sitters.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
People talk a lot of shit without considering all matters properly.

While Bojan hasn't earned his first team status, and Eto'o almost certain leave, what are the options?

Villa is on everyone's shopping list, he will cost a lot and he will hinder Bojan's progress because he will be there for at least 4 years. If you were going to spend that much on a striker you are willing to pay for medical bills because he is often injured.

Where as Diego Forlan has 2 more years in him, just the perfect time for Bojan to take over the team and cement his status as a first team striker should be well time managed and introduced. People have seen Bojan at a very early stage, he barely grew pubes then, yet people are already considering him average or ordinary. When he is 21, well grown up and has gotten an extended feel for the pressure of the first team he can take over from Forlan.

That is not to say Forlan is a bad striker, the guy can score from anywhere.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
People talk a lot of shit without considering all matters properly.

While Bojan hasn't earned his first team status, and Eto'o almost certain leave, what are the options?

Villa is on everyone's shopping list, he will cost a lot and he will hinder Bojan's progress because he will be there for at least 4 years. If you were going to spend that much on a striker you are willing to pay for medical bills because he is often injured.

Where as Diego Forlan has 2 more years in him, just the perfect time for Bojan to take over the team and cement his status as a first team striker should be well time managed and introduced. People have seen Bojan at a very early stage, he barely grew pubes then, yet people are already considering him average or ordinary. When he is 21, well grown up and has gotten an extended feel for the pressure of the first team he can take over from Forlan.

That is not to say Forlan is a bad striker, the guy can score from anywhere.

i think deep in your hard u are cule

Home of Barca Fans