Diego Forlan

E

Esteve

After thinking about it, I definitely don't want Forlán playing for Barça. He's a good lliga striker but how do we know he'll do well on the big stage? In fairness, at least we know :etoo: can compete at any level, his goal & performance in the CL final proved that.

zanela

The gay blonde with a white hair band...no thank you
dnt like him, never liked him n wont change in the future

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
After thinking about it, I definitely don't want Forlán playing for Barça. He's a good lliga striker but how do we know he'll do well on the big stage? In fairness, at least we know :etoo: can compete at any level, his goal & performance in the CL final proved that.

true that he only scored one goal in the CL this season, and it was a gift from helton, but he was playing in an inconsistent atleti side whereas eto'o plays for the best side in the world. and even then eto'o only scores with regularity when we're on top-form. true he's scored in two european cup finals but how many of those has forlan got to play in? to dismiss dego on the lack of an achievement when he hasn't even had the chance to achieve the achievement is a bit silly.

what we know of forlan is that he's two-footed, he's strong, he's quick, he can hold the ball up and crucially he can shoot from outside the area. not to mention he consistently scores goals. he's a SERIOUS direct threat and provides teams with a dilemma because if they drop off to contain our passing that just means more space for forlan to crack shots off.

a great striker, and had I known his buyout clause was low I would have been trumpeting him as an option for a while now. obviously not as good as villa but he's a different type of striker, and if pep is trying to give us extra dimensions (because we will face some SERIOUS bus parkage next season) then forlan would be a good buy.

E

Esteve

Yeah, he is a very good lliga striker! Amazing record! I still believe that signing him as our first choice CF would be a HUGE mistake :thumbdown:

PaulFCB

Banned
Yeah, can't imagine Forlan as our first choice striker...but with a good price it would be worth buying him but also keeping Eto'o.
I don't know what to say, Forlan seems exactly in the middle of what would be a 1st choice striker like Ibra that can only be on the field and a striker that can be good but also accept the bench. This is also because of his age.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Lemmi, did you hate or love Forlan? I don't recall which one, but I remember you going on about him for a while. In a risky move, I say with Eto'o leaving and Bojan on the verge of breaking into the team and emergence of Messi as an indestructible force along with Iniesta and Xavi, I think you should go for him. Bringing in David Villa would be kill Bojan's chances for the future run, you will not be able to get rid of him for a while. Whereas Forlan is 30, in the form of his life, meaning in 2 years time which is exactly what Bojan needs to seriously be able to handle Barcelona's front line should he mature properly he will be out.

Teifn

I think we should go for David Villa, because he is the fucking best striker on the planet. Please excuse my choice of words.

He is younger than Forlan, he is faster and his goal finishing skills are extraordinary. The next aspect for Villa is that he is used to play with Xavi and Iniesta. They know his way of moving and style of playing.
I don't understand why everybody is so in "love" with Bojan. I also like his style of playing and he is a very talented young striker. But talent is nothing in the world of football. He never proofed that he can take the big step in the footsteps of Samuel Etoo, myabe he never gets better and then Barca doesnt has a good striker. Villa already proofed that he is one of the best strikers in the world. You just got to take a look oon his stats.

il pepe

I think we should go for David Villa, because he is the fucking best striker on the planet. Please excuse my choice of words.

He is younger than Forlan, he is faster and his goal finishing skills are extraordinary. The next aspect for Villa is that he is used to play with Xavi and Iniesta. They know his way of moving and style of playing.
I don't understand why everybody is so in "love" with Bojan. I also like his style of playing and he is a very talented young striker. But talent is nothing in the world of football. He never proofed that he can take the big step in the footsteps of Samuel Etoo, myabe he never gets better and then Barca doesnt has a good striker. Villa already proofed that he is one of the best strikers in the world. You just got to take a look oon his stats.

Bojan is 18 years old...
He didn't play too much this season, but imo he has made hugh pregression. His way stronger and faster then last year.
I have all faith in Bojan that he'll come good.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
But nobody secures that Bojan will become a top striker in europe.

Well nobody is saying he's deffinatly 100% going to become a great world class player. But he's very, very good just now at 18 years old. Has broken many of the scoring records for Barca's youth squads and already broken a few for the first team (youngest ever scorer). So it's very likely he will simply get better with time. Just needs to be given the chance and blended into the team gradually which he already is.
I do want Villa brought in aswell let Bojan play as a back-up for us when we need him and in the Copa much like this year, he will develop on his own and when he's ready he's get his chance in the starting 11.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
So true on Bojan - he is all potential at this moment of his career and no one can say he will be world class in the future. Yes he may well be but there are a plethora of strikers his age with the same potential and personally don't see him as a special case yet.

JALJM

So true on Bojan - he is all potential at this moment of his career and no one can say he will be world class in the future. Yes he may well be but there are a plethora of strikers his age with the same potential and personally don't see him as a special case yet.

Names? I really question this.

Home of Barca Fans