Would you sell Neymar to buy Pogba?

Would you sell Neymar to buy Pogba?

• No,Neymar is the future best player in the world,we cannot lose him.

Votes: 69 76.7%
  • Yes,i would sell him for Pogba and 1-2 additional world class signings

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Yes i would sell him,but i would not get Pogba/I would get 4-5 other world class players

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They keep saying Neymar is future Balon. After making the podium last year, he won't be among best 3 this time so who's to say he won't drop down further.
There's a strong argument that he might have peaked already.

He might not make it to the top 3 this time because Messi and Ronaldo always occupy two spots as long as they play and Suarez had an amazing season, at least scoring wise. That is not a testament to Neymar's inability to be a top top footballer at all.

Of course nobody knows what will happen in the future.

Trickykid

History of Brazilian players, his lifestyles and fact he kinda made a step down (not among top 3 players anymore).

What arguments do you have?

What arguments do I have for what?

His lifestyle isn't bad. AFAIK he doesn't even drink like Dinho for example. Sure, he likes to travel and party on his weeks off, but if that's what it takes to recharge his batteries, the more power to him. Some of the most recent pictures of him frolicking with random sports stars were clearly PR stunts from the club. Hell, they even reported them on their official Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Yeah, there's obviously a trend amongst Brazilian attackers in them peaking early, but that can hardly be used as a strong argument that Neymar has peaked already.

A player his age doesn't play like he did half this season only to suddenly turn bad and stay that way. I just don't buy it.

serghei

Selling Neymar and buying Pogba would leave us with some extra millions, but certainly not enough for a world class forward. You sell Neymar for 190m., then Pogba goes for 150m. for sure.

Neymar for Pogba is a no go for me. Neymar is the better player.

I would swap Neymar for Pogba and Dybala though.

Last edited:

bismp

Selling Neymar and buying Pogba would leave with some extra millions, but certainly not enough for another aditional world class player. You sell Neymar for 190m., then Pogba goes for 150m. for sure.

150 M is maybe too much.Still we would have 40 M left,which is just about right for a world-class signing.

But if we would get Pogba for 120 M,then we would have 70 M left.We could buy Dybala with that,maybe using a a few millions from the transfer budget

serghei

150 M is maybe too much.Still we would have 40 M left,which is just about right for a world-class signing

It's not. 40m. is nowadays the price you pay for a promising defender. A world class forward goes for twice as much these days, or doesn't go at all because they're so rare and everybody wants to keep them.

dakt

Selling Neymar and buying Pogba would leave us with some extra millions, but certainly not enough for a world class forward. You sell Neymar for 190m., then Pogba goes for 150m. for sure.

Just to remind you, our front three couple of years ago were: Villla, Messi, Pedro.
No body is irreplaceable and everyone is welcome with heart and talent.

Neymessi

Neymar not being sol is currently the most voted and with some margin too.

Faith in barcaforum restored.

barcafan161

we have 60 million to spend without any sales of players.

So 190 plus that is 250 in total. So likely Pogba plus 100 more million?

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Sell Ney and get Nolito to replace him for 18m :coffee:

........then the rest of the money can go into 'club funds' :rosell:

PhilS

Given his age, current level and potential, I would not sell Neymar to buy any other player in the world.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The only player whose transfer into the team that could get me to even consider Neymar's sale would be Verratti.... That kid is magic

Devils

I wouldn't trade Neymar for any player in the world.

The best is still yet to come from him.

Home of Barca Fans