Barca pre-season 2016/2017

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
True but I still think making a concerted effort to attract fans and more importantly commercial deals from potential sponsors and partners to broaden our revenue streams is very important for the well-being and long-term development of our club.

Not if it hurts the team's performance. But there's a balance to be struck between the two.

RevoTeller

No use of explaning how better La Liga is.. BPL fans will never get it, no matter how spanish teams dominate Europe.. They'll still claim PL is the best.. But at least we have something to laugh about.. :lol:

Agree with this.
The fact that Leicester (with all due respect) won the BPL shows how low their football level is: of course, it is a wonderful story to be told in the future, but it also demonstrates a tremendous lack of quality (first half of yesterday game says it all).
Only thing BPL teams have is money, and most of the time they are not even capable to spend it wisely.

JerseyAddict

OK. So Q is to all you who watched? Was Leicester so bad or was Barca so good? I'm on an island for a wacation and internet sucks big time so on-line watching of everythong but short clips is big no-no.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't if it is just me or that we seem to focus our pre-seasons strictly or mostly on training and playing the pre-season games whereas many other elite European clubs spent a great deal of their time during these pre-season tours on commercial/business activities to expand their teams' fanbase, propping up their image and striking business deals.

For example, KHR/Wacker touted that Bayern's fan clubs in the US had grown from a mere 9 to 102 in 3 years and they have made three long-term deals with three American companies during this summer's tour alone, on top of 10m plus they are making from the tour. In contrast, even when we were on a prolonged overseas tour (compared to what we had this summer where we pretty much were based in Barcelona and St. George's Park in England), for example I remember our itinerary of our tour in the US last summer, we spent very little time outside training and playing. I am a bit conflicted, while I appreciate the emphasis the club places on training/grooming our form to get ready for the new season and I absolutely agree this is the most important thing to do as footballing is our bread-butter business after all; but I couldn't help thinking whether we have some missed opportunities commercially to expand our influence and bring in more deals and revenues, especially in newer markets like the US and Asia.

Your thoughts?

When you have the backbone of best Spanish generation ever that won WC and 2 Euros, Messi and Neymar.. Play the best football for a decade and still can't top marketing numbers of your rivals, something is very wrong.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
OK. So Q is to all you who watched? Was Leicester so bad or was Barca so good? I'm on an island for a wacation and internet sucks big time so on-line watching of everythong but short clips is big no-no.

Strange question mate. 4-2 doesn't indicate that Barca were that better.

Barca could score 3-4 more easily but Leicester had at least 2 great oportunities that they missed.

Btw. What island are you on?
I already miss my vacations :(

JerseyAddict

Strange question mate. 4-2 doesn't indicate that Barca were that better.

Barca could score 3-4 more easily but Leicester had at least 2 great oportunities that they missed.

Btw. What island are you on?
I already miss my vacations :(

Well someone here quoted english fans being realy down after first half. Actions that I watched on clips are great. And B defence were shaky on some moments. But as I said 3G mobile internet is scifi here.

I'm on Ugljan. Beautifull island. And Zadar is near. I passed by vila that Rakitic was in. Nice house. But surrounding is not so glamourous. I can even think that his wife hot bored here and over the channel are some luxury hotels. And the "mental institution" is near do I can see someone thrpwing a rock. Because locals are realy nice. Not so "euro only" oriented but they also like domestic tourists.

xXKonan

According to Sport, Marlon wasn't included in the list because he had to go back to Brazil and work on getting his Visa.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Fans will come when you are successful on the pitch.

We've not won the league in 26 years and certainly in America, Australia and especially asia not many clubs can touch our fanbase in those areas so that isn't partially true.

Indeed historical and current success gives you a lot of gains in those areas but it isn't the sole reason.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We've not won the league in 26 years and certainly in America, Australia and especially asia not many clubs can touch our fanbase in those areas so that isn't partially true.

Indeed historical and current success gives you a lot of gains in those areas but it isn't the sole reason.

Both you guys and Arsenal as well as the two Milan clubs have VERY strong followings in China, as far as I know.

Home of Barca Fans