xXKonan

marca1447953231_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Full name: Jonathan Castro Otto

Date of birth : March 3, 1994 (age 22)

Place of birth: Vigo, Spain

Height: 1.75 m(5 ft 9 in)

Playing position: Full back

Current Club: Celta de Vigo​

Born in Vigo, Spain. Jonny, came through Vigo's youth setup and broke into the first team in 2012 and since then has been a regular in the Galician side. according to Radio Vigo and Cadena Ser, Barcelona are weighing up the Option of paying out his 12 Million euro Clause (14 in a month) as a possible replacement for the Departing Adriano and Dani Alves.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he's solid but I am more concerned about throwing Vidal (a Catalan and hard worker) under the bus so soon.

God Serena

I think he's solid but I am more concerned about throwing Vidal (a Catalan and hard worker) under the bus so soon.

Vidal has already been alienated. Lucho is one stubborn SOB, if he doesn't like you, he doesn't like you, although the reverse is also true in the case of Munir and Rafinha.

Jombi

I like the idea of him being a LB and RB. I've long said that this is ideal because it allows the player to get enough playing time than just a pure backup to Alba and also gives us more cover for RB incase our options there dont work out. But I am seriously not sure he is better than Montoya tbh. He didnt really stand out for me at all whenever I've seen Celta. But he's a former Lucho player and I guess he wants his players...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Isn't he a LB though?

If Lucho really has the power to pull it out of iffy relations between the clubs..... I hope he uses a bit more of it and buy him now itself rather than wait till summer though!

xXKonan

Isn't he a LB though?

If Lucho really has the power to pull it out of iffy relations between the clubs..... I hope he uses a bit more of it and buy him now itself rather than wait till summer though!
He can play on Both flanks.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If he really is good, and could help us in this dire need of a full back, the club should get ready to offer Cantera products too, or may be a buy option on the young lads or some thing like that..... And bring him in now itself.

Coz we are not exactly integrating the youngsters into first team very well anyway! At least develop good relations with clubs basing on the youngsters and pave way for them to realize their potential using these relations!!

xXKonan

If he really is good, and could help us in this dire need of a full back, the club should get ready to offer Cantera products too, or may be a buy option on the young lads or some thing like that..... And bring him in now itself.

Coz we are not exactly integrating the youngsters into first team very well anyway! At least develop good relations with clubs basing on the youngsters and pave way for them to realize their potential using these relations!!
I would say for all the talk about us wanting to find good players who know the league and would benefit us, players like Jonny,Gaspar etc fit the bill more than someone like Cancelo.

I think Jonny, wouldn't be a bad option tbh considering his price and he could effectively play on both flanks and I'm not totally surprised why Lucho wanted him since he worked with him.

Messi983

I like Jonny and wanted him last summer when we were looking for a backup LB because he could cover RB as well. I think he could be a very good backup on both FB positions but now that we are set at LB with Alba and Digne and with our very big need at RB I don't think he has what it takes to be a starting RB that we should be looking at. Of course he'd be more than welcome if we could get him from now until the end of the season but that won't happen. But in summer we should look for a better RB.

Home of Barca Fans