Shirt sales, revenue, etc

mssarm

According to to this article Real Madrid earned 60M in shirt sales. For Pogba to earn his transfer fee he has to sell the twice of the RM shirt sales just for himself only. That's just not possible. Pogba is a talented player, no doubt about that, but I don't think we need to become a Galactico team. Honestly there's nothing in the press to indicate that we are after Pogba or he is planning to leave Juve. Personally I'm against buying Pogba. We need talented player in defense and someone for MSN rotation. I feel that Messi is going to be more in the midfield in upcoming years, so it is important to have an good player to partner up with Suarez and Neymar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-sales-charts-selling-average-1-5m-year.html

LordLichtenstein

According to to this article Real Madrid earned 60M in shirt sales. For Pogba to earn his transfer fee he has to sell the twice of the RM shirt sales just for himself only. That's just not possible. Pogba is a talented player, no doubt about that, but I don't think we need to become a Galactico team. Honestly there's nothing in the press to indicate that we are after Pogba or he is planning to leave Juve. Personally I'm against buying Pogba. We need talented player in defense and someone for MSN rotation. I feel that Messi is going to be more in the midfield in upcoming years, so it is important to have an good player to partner up with Suarez and Neymar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-sales-charts-selling-average-1-5m-year.html
Messi isn't becoming a midfielder. :facepalm1:

Jombi

First of all, earning 80m euros per year from shirt sales alone, as long as 7 years ago, means very little today. Shirt sales are skyrocketing as part of the money pouring into football from all over the world. Barcelona sold 3.6 million shirts this season but only 1.19m a few years ago. You figure out the revenue of those 3.6m jerseys. Shirt sales are also just a part of commercial revenue. People must also stop using pounds and mixing up numbers. Barcelona is a European club, use euros.

Last edited:

Total-Football

The shirt sales thing is a myth invented by real madrid... in 2016 we are the best shirt selling club in the world.. people buy real madrid and barca shirts anyway because of the amount of stars playing there.. they do not buy shirts soley because of bale or any player.

Jombi

The shirt sales thing is a myth invented by real madrid... in 2016 we are the best shirt selling club in the world.. people buy real madrid and barca shirts anyway because of the amount of stars playing there.. they do not buy shirts soley because of bale or any player.

Not true. We can hate RM all we want but they know the commercial aspects of the game. Buying superstars has tremendous impacts on revenue. Thats why RM have managed to stay at the top of the revenue league for so many years. Shirt sales will continue to increase at a very rapid pace, more money, meaning much more expensive superstars.

If we sign Pogba, it will be for something like 100m+100m in incentives, and people will love it, as people will rationalize that those 100m in incentives will be well worth it because it means he will be a success if we pay it.

Last edited:

Total-Football

@ that was when they monoploized the galactico game.. what you say is true and valid prior to 2005.. we are in a different age.. there are at least 6 or 7 clubs who share the stars of the planet.. like i have said, we are leading the shirt sales in the world (infront of madrid ) in 2016. Yet we dont hear barca officials being fussy about it

Total-Football

I do agree about increasing the sales of shirts.. i was talking about the claim of them covering the fee.. that i find absurd.

JamDav1982

Not true. We can hate RM all we want but they know the commercial aspects of the game. Buying superstars has tremendous impacts on revenue. Thats why RM have managed to stay at the top of the revenue league for so many years. Shirt sales will continue to increase at a very rapid pace, more money, meaning much more expensive superstars.

If we sign Pogba, it will be for something like 100m+100m in incentives, and people will love it, as people will rationalize that those 100m in incentives will be well worth it because it means he will be a success if we pay it.

The shirt sales thing is a myth. The number of shirts sold dont rocket every time they buy a superstar and Barca sell more shirts world wide anyway.

Nor have Real been way ahead on the revenue side of things. They are only ahead at moment due to the timing of Barcas Nike and Sponsorship deals coming to the end of their life.

The other side to Real always trying to buy the latest superstar is that they have less of a team and sell important players like Ozil and Di Maria at the drop of a hat if an alternative comes along.

Jombi

@ that was when they monoploized the galactico game.. what you say is true and valid prior to 2005.. we are in a different age.. there are at least 6 or 7 clubs who share the stars of the planet.. like i have said, we are leading the shirt sales in the world (infront of madrid ) in 2016. Yet we dont hear barca officials being fussy about it

They've stayed on top of the revenue league for more than a decade now, even with many, many poor seasons as they know the commercial aspects of the game. RM never had all the stars of the planet, thats ridiculous to claim.

Jombi

The shirt sales thing is a myth. The number of shirts sold dont rocket every time they buy a superstar and Barca sell more shirts world wide anyway.

Nor have Real been way ahead on the revenue side of things. They are only ahead at moment due to the timing of Barcas Nike and Sponsorship deals coming to the end of their life.

The other side to Real always trying to buy the latest superstar is that they have less of a team and sell important players like Ozil and Di Maria at the drop of a hat if an alternative comes along.

There have been a sharp INCREASE in shirt sales generally, worldwide. This means far more revenue pouring into the clubs every year.

We do the same thing as RM, but havent been as successful in exploiting our success commercially as RM, even though we've been far more successful sporting wise. But we are not stupid, we know the commercial aspects of the game. We dont call them galacticos, we call them "cracks" and the hype they bring is incredibly important. With MSN, we have 3 superstars that ensure strong commercial revenue.

JamDav1982

They've stayed on top of the revenue league for more than a decade now, even with many, many poor seasons as they know the commercial aspects of the game. RM never had all the stars of the planet, thats ridiculous to claim.

So have Man Utd who have barely had a superstar and certainly dont have one now when predicted to over take Real again.

Wait till Barca get the new Nike deal and Sponsorship they will over take them and already have in terms of shirt sales etc.

Real and Man Utd have been at top so long as they have been developed as brands for decades ahead of Barca. Not because they are doing anything special commercially at moment better than rivals but taking advantage of that.

JamDav1982

There have been a sharp INCREASE in shirt sales generally, worldwide. This means far more revenue pouring into the clubs every year.

We do the same thing as RM, but havent been as successful in exploiting our success commercially as RM, even though we've been far more successful sporting wise. But we are not stupid, we know the commercial aspects of the game. We dont call them galacticos, we call them "cracks" and the hype they bring is incredibly important. With MSN, we have 3 superstars that ensure strong commercial revenue.

It is only timing.

The manufacturer deals and sponsorship have rocketed in past few years.

Now Barca can take advantage of that they will over take those clubs.

It isnt all about superstars. Just look at Man Utd as always being one of the top clubs and they havent had all that many in that time compared to other clubs. But they are there no matter what.

Jombi

So have Man Utd who have barely had a superstar and certainly dont have one now when predicted to over take Real again.

Wait till Barca get the new Nike deal and Sponsorship they will over take them and already have in terms of shirt sales etc.

Real and Man Utd have been at top so long as they have been developed as brands for decades ahead of Barca. Not because they are doing anything special commercially at moment better than rivals but taking advantage of that.

Nonsense. Lots of clubs have brands and done terribly over the past decade revenue wise. RM have not. They have done excellent to stay at the top of the revenue league even after so many poor seasons.

Jombi

It is only timing.

The manufacturer deals and sponsorship have rocketed in past few years.

Now Barca can take advantage of that they will over take those clubs.

It isnt all about superstars. Just look at Man Utd as always being one of the top clubs and they havent had all that many in that time compared to other clubs. But they are there no matter what.

Nobody has said its all about superstars. That wouldnt make any sense as the shirt sales GENERALLY among top clubs have skyrocketed. There is simply FAR more money pouring into football every year and this will be reflected in the price for superstars. Man U obviously wouldnt be were they are today if they had been a mid-table team for the past decade. They have been successful and for continued success they need to invest HEAVILY or their brand will go up in flames.

Home of Barca Fans