Dani Alves leaving Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca sports director Robert Fernández has just confirmed that Barca right back and Brazil international, Dani Alves, will be leaving the club.

"I don't like the fact that Alves is leaving, he's an extraordinary player and very loved here, but it's his decision."

Alves, 33, will depart Barcelona after eight years with the Catalans which has seen him win six domestic league titles and 3 Champions League trophies.

--------------

Goodbye Dani. The best right back in Barca history.

We'll miss you!

Devils

Barcelona legend.

But as I've said before, it's a great time to part ways. Both Dani and Barca need to move on from each other.

It's been a hell of a ride though, will miss him and his unique character.

diDi7

How close exactly was he to signing with Chelsea all those years ago? I can tell this Barca would have been a lot different had it not been for Alves. Great player. Not too long from now myself and other Bayern fans will have to say goodbye to Lahm, so I have a lot of sympathy for Barca fans. I wonder who will fill the void.

khaled_a_d

Wish him nothing but good luck
Alves is a player who always gave us all his effort. huge respect to the probably the greatest player who ever played RB at this club

Eetu

Adormit
Sad to see him go, one of my favorite players of all time. Maybe even the favorite. For the last couple of years before he joined my routine was to watch our game, RM's game in case they might lose and Sevilla's game in hopes to Dani play. Wish him all the best in the future!

How close exactly was he to signing with Chelsea all those years ago? I can tell this Barca would have been a lot different had it not been for Alves. Great player. Not too long from now myself and other Bayern fans will have to say goodbye to Lahm, so I have a lot of sympathy for Barca fans. I wonder who will fill the void.

He was in an all-out war with Sevilla towards the end of the transfer window but Puerta's death changed things.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thank you Dani for your service, your wit, your sense of humor and above all the joy you have brought to us. Wish you best of luck!

I am going to print your name on my new 16/17 home jersey.

F

Flavia

I still can't believe he's going. I think he would'd surely left last summer, if not for the transfer ban. But I hoped he would stay one more season. Best rb ever, to me. Barça legend. He'll be really missed. On and off the pitch.

Goodbye, Dani :(

Dani Alves to leave FC Barcelona this summer

PAU CAMPAÑA
06/02/2016 14:15

First team technical secretary Robert Fernández announces the player's 'personal decision' at a press conference on Thursday

Dani Alves is leaving FC Barcelona this summer. The announcement was made on Thursday by Robert Fernández at his end-of-season conference at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper.
“This is personal decision that the club has to accept” said the FCB technical secretary, explaining that the Brazilian extended his contract for one season at the end of last season, thus ensuring cover while the club was unable to bring in new players due to the FIFA suspension, but that the possibility of his departure had already been discussed during those negotiations.
Alves is leaving after eight seasons at FC Barcelona, playing 391 matches, the second highest number for any foreigners, a tally topped only by Leo Messi. With 23 titles at Barça, plus a further five with previous club Sevilla and three with Brazil, he is one of the most successful players in the history of the game.
Fernández admitted that he was sorry to see the player leave, and did not hold back in his praise for the full-back, but insisted that ultimately “all we can do is respect his decision.” The player is leaving as a free agent, a situation that the technical secretary explained by saying “for players that come here, this is their goal. We are not a club that buys players and sells them on, we are a destination.”

Ins and outs

Discussing how Alves’ decision relates to the rest of the squad, Fernández wished to make it clear that “negotiations are not decided by one party alone … You also have to factor in the interests of the player and his agent.” He also observed that there is fierce competition in the football market right now, and the financial clout of the English Premier League certainly makes operations more difficult.
Robert Fernández discussed a number of other matters at his press conference, including Aleix Vidal, who he admits “was signed with the possibility of Alves leaving in mind.” As for players that the club is targeting for next season, he was naturally reluctant to mention names and things obviously depend a lot on whether players leave the club, but he did reveal that FC Barcelona will be exercising its option to recover Denis Suárez from Villarreal on July 1.
He was also asked to comment on the possibility of promoting players from the reserves, replying that although this is always an option, the fact that the team is now playing in the third tier (Division 2B) makes it a lot harder to move players to the highest level. The priority for the coming season is to get Barça B into the playoffs and hopefully get them playing second division football again the year after.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Alves will regret leaving, anyway Welcome Hector Bellerin.

At this point Dani is looking for something different, we should respect his wish. Plus, Juventus is a very good team and is definitely capable of winning the CL.

Bellerin has a contract through 2019 and Arsenal won't sell him.

Home of Barca Fans