Why is our clubs so terrible at selling and buying players?

Year after year I see players going for pennies meanwhile teams like Real Madrid and Bayern sell their scraps for good sums. We also always buy players that aren't good enough like Douglas, Vermaelan, Affellay, Song, Fabregas, Sanchez etc.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Too high wages.... Too much importance to the players feelings who do not even bother to reciprocate the same later! And as a result of the aforementioned two points, comes the third which is keeping them for much longer than needed

Cesc Fabregas and David Villa come to mind. And Adriano is a direct example of the third point

Last edited:

Total-Football

We are not terrible.. but we can do much much better.. teams like barca demand immediate sucess.. whats difficult is to find the right balance between immediate sucess and long term planning.. what bothers me most is pursuing injury prone players.. those are wasted money no more or less.. i ll pick di maria to play for me over an injury prone cruyf or maradonna.
Another example is the importance of buying young players : di maria.. madrid benefited from his contributions on the pitch for 3 or 4 years yet was able to sell him for over 70 millions and consequently auto financed the fee of gareth bale who is young himself.. and this could be a vicious cycle when done correcctly.
Bottom line : before talking about abilities and what not we should focus on those 2 factors : age and injury susceptibility. So please no more gondugans and vermaleens and rosisckys.

Home of Barca Fans