Spanish SuperCup 2nd leg: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 5-0 agg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we underestimate this win somewhat.

Only recently, this same Sevilla almost won European Supercup against Real.

beogatts

m i the only one tht feel quite happy with this game. we have new guys on the field n we could score 3 or 5-0 agg.
we were not at 90% performance but still won the game.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
On the flip side of things, I was once again so impressed by the fullbacks of Sevilla. Tremoulinas has yet to return but Mariano, what a gem for €3 million - even at 30 years of age now. Imagine what he could do had Barcelona been able to identify what Monchi did instead of the €18 million on Vidal

yahudi

On the flip side of things, I was once again so impressed by the fullbacks of Sevilla. Tremoulinas has yet to return but Mariano, what a gem for €3 million - even at 30 years of age now. Imagine what he could do had Barcelona been able to identify what Monchi did instead of the €18 million on Vidal

Different standards, though. A player good for Sevilla might not be enough for the best Barcelona generation ever. Matter of fact, out of all Sevilla players in the last 10 years, how many were actually on the level of being a starter in Barcelona?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Different standards, though. A player good for Sevilla might not be enough for the best Barcelona generation ever. Matter of fact, out of all Sevilla players in the last 10 years, how many were actually on the level of being a starter in Barcelona?

Alves, Navas, maybe someone else.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Candidate for hall of shame post

331kolh.gif

yahudi

Candidate for hall of shame post

331kolh.gif

Men lie, women lie, number don't. I'm still waiting for your number

I went through the Sevilla squads of last 10 years and there were only 2 players. Alves 06-08 and Rakitic 14, both went to Barcelona. Even great players like Kanoute or Krychoviak would find it incredibly hard to break into the respective Barca teams because of world-class players usurping their best position. But sure, continue being condescending.

yahudi

Krychowiak perhaps?

And Rakitic, of course.

Even at his best, do you really expect Krychowiak to replace Busquets? Even Rakitic "only" got his chance due to Xavi and Cesc departures.

...which is exactly the point I am making. For all the good transfers Monchi has done, only very few (eventually) reached the level required by the best Barca generation ever. If we consider the context, all 3 of Txiki, Zubi and Robert were at least decent at what they did. There were certainly misses but the margin for error at Barca is way smaller than it is at Sevilla

Alves, Navas, maybe someone else.

Alves obviously (as probably one of the best Sevilla players ever), but Navas? Barca had the wings well covered during his glory years, he might have been a super sub at the very best.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Men lie, women lie, number don't. I'm still waiting for your number

I went through the Sevilla squads of last 10 years and there were only 2 players. Alves 06-08 and Rakitic 14, both went to Barcelona. Even great players like Kanoute or Krychoviak would find it incredibly hard to break into the respective Barca teams because of world-class players usurping their best position. But sure, continue being condescending.

You said none, conveniently ignoring one of the most devastating fullbacks in modern footballing history & a Barcelona legend, so you made an utterly ignorant post, you should accept your post as a hall of shame post & move on.

But sure, feign ignorance or continue to spin it - you are further clarifying your lack of credibility

Home of Barca Fans