Spanish SuperCup 2nd leg: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 5-0 agg.

xXKonan

This is a perfect chance to give Umtiti and Gomes, minutes since they only played for 30 mins at most and arrived later to Training than most of the squad.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Masch is the leader at the back and of the whole pitch.

Generally yeah but not this year, he has made some mistakes and his performance level has dropped down. Hopefully he will pick it up again.

These questions that people have about the line up is the exact reason it is good Lucho is doing this. Questions need to be asked of the players and they need to show what they have got.

Doesn't mean he can drastically change the lineups every match. Having one or two variables is fine, but no Pique. Vidal at RB. Gomes debut. No Rakitic and Iniesta in midfield. And no Suarez to bail out when in need. He is majorly doing it because of the 2 goal lead. Rakitic and Suarez will be on the pitch if sevilla scores 2 goals.

opjeoff

does anyone else feel like this may be an audition for Munir? also there goes the theory that Lucho may play Messi in middle again.

JamDav1982

Generally yeah but not this year, he has made some mistakes and his performance level has dropped down. Hopefully he will pick it up again.

Doesn't mean he can drastically change the lineups every match. Having one or two variables is fine, but no Pique. Vidal at RB. Gomes debut. No Rakitic and Iniesta in midfield. And no Suarez to bail out when in need. He is majorly doing it because of the 2 goal lead. Rakitic and Suarez will be on the pitch if sevilla scores 2 goals.

This year? The second half of last season Masch was about the only player whos level did not drop.There has been one competitive game so far this season and he was one of better players vs Sevilla.

All changes are fine and Lucho is correct to do it.

Icarium

Lifestealer
This year? The second half of last season Masch was about the only player whos level did not drop.There has been one competitive game so far this season and he was one of better players vs Sevilla.

All changes are fine and Lucho is correct to do it.

His performances did drop. Especially after the international break. Against Sevilla entire defence looked good, sevilla hardly were able to make plays. Too little to judge anyway, masch has done extraordinarily over time but he is not without his flaws and he performs much better with Pique alongside him. Maybe Umtiti will also provide and great partnership lets see. Changes are fine for most part but I definitely wouldn't have started Gomes. He played too little in pre season and starting both Denis and Gomes has some considerable risk. If sevilla play like they did on Sunday it shouldn't be a problem.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Midfield isn't quite working as I feared. Denis has been very sloppy so far. Got dispossessed too many times. Gomes was decent going forward, but it's true what people have been saying. His workrate is not very impressive at all.

Asylum15

What I saw from tonight:

Digne - Is going to be a terrific signing for us. He rarely gives the ball away, and his positional sense is quite good.

Gomes - Loved how he looked for Messi frequently, and his in-behind through balls were nice! I think he'll love playing with Neymar.

Umtiti - Is not far from being a starter for me. No problems with him being beside Pique with Mascherano out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sevilla was good in 1st half but then Bravo saved us and eventually quality came on top.

Was great to see our backups.

xXKonan

tumblr_oc2t6llP6X1rjev45o1_1280.jpg

Home of Barca Fans