New 2022-2023 Barca kits

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's all about marketing. If the shirts are too similar from year to year, a lot of fans wouldn't buy the new shirt unless you make a huge signing. If you have Messi or Suarez shirt with the 18-19 season and the 19-20 shirt is almost identical, or with little differences, people would just keep the old shirt and save their money.

Considering the amount of money Nike pay us, which is a record in football IIRC, maybe we need to show some understanding here. It's quid pro quo.

There's no problem with making new designs, but for some reason ours end up being fucking ugly while PSG get a collab with Jordan and this:

jordan-psg-18-19-champions-league-kit-2-1.jpg

Barca need to make stronger demands to Nike when it comes to innovative designs. You can have innovative designs and new concepts that look good, and have some traditional aspects to it.

serghei

There's no problem with making new designs, but for some reason ours end up being fucking ugly while PSG get a collab with Jordan and this:

jordan-psg-18-19-champions-league-kit-2-1.jpg

Barca need to make stronger demands to Nike when it comes to innovative designs. You can have innovative designs and new concepts that look good, and have some traditional aspects to it.

I wouldn't say the checkered shirt is ugly per se. It's people having a problem with it because it is non-traditional and a novelty.

Also, what the hell does the Jordan brand have to do with PSG?

Last edited:

Windhook

If I'm not mistaken, Neymar is one of the few global stars to represent the Jordan brand (subsidiary of Nike), I remember some shots taken together of him and the great Michael Jordan last year.
neymar-michael-jordan

Last edited:

serghei

Personally I dont have that big of an issue with it , that checkered kit just looks garbage. I see people on twitter making better concept kits than the ones Nike are releasing for Barca.

Here are a few examples:
9SUdSLn.png

YFk3L9Q.png

Lol, if Nike come up with a white shirt for Barcelona they will be roasted so bad...

And our logo ain't gold.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't say the checkered shirt is ugly per se. It's people having a problem with it because it is non-traditional and a novelty.

I'm not sure if the checkered shirt is the real one. It's gotten leaked by Sport, but footyheadlines that are usually spot on with these shirt leaks have it as this:

1536511637630.jpg

That said, I do find and the checkered shirt to be ugly. It just doesn't suit the colors IMO. It looks better with Croatia's white and red color scheme.

I tend to prefer minimalistic designs like the black one messi2140 posted.

Or the retro shirts I posted earlier. I would pay a lot of money for this beauty:

Replace the number and football with the Nike and Barca logos.

1b51a3113a3154c18f28b577e1393281.png

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The footy headlines shirt is supposed to be the mashup shirt to celebrate Nike's partnership with Barca over the years, not the actual kit players will wear.

serghei

I don't mind the checkered shirt to be honest. And I find most Barca shirts to be very nice. The 08-09, 09-10, 10-11, 14-15, 16-17, 17-18 are among the best shirts from any team.

The 08-09 shirt and the 2014-15 shirts are as classy as it gets. The current one is superb as well.

Even the hated horizontal stripes model was good looking if you ask me.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I for one find that PSG Jordan jersey very ugly, it is essentially just a black and white copy of a typical PSG shirt with a Jordan logo instead of a Nike one. And that all-white PSG logo makes an ugly logo even uglier.

I understand some fans' objections of anything other than vertical stripes but you have to realize it is very hard to make noticeable change year after year with pretty much the same designs and kit manufacturers like Nike need to have some sort of differentiation to propel the sales of new kits. Personally I would not be object to a checkered design or anything that breaks the vertical stripes tradition, it just has to be done carefully.

By the way Nike has done really well on the stock market lately so that is good news for us. Looks like signing Colin Kaepernick worked really well for them. A good move anyway.

JerseyAddict

Well, I have 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 jersey. They are all very different. It is not just stripes. It is a different jersey. In colour, in design... I don't think it is all just copy paste stripes. And Barça can make a good jersey. As someone stated, 2014-2015 jersey is a great example.

And to note, that "fans" version in retro style is awesome... and still has stripes. Not to mention that fantastic black version.

JerseyAddict

I need help from someone from Spain.
https://www.goalinn.com/football

These guys have some of most stupid help-desks I have ever encountered. 5 e-mails, live chat, messenger... all the same answer. Please fill up the form... I DID. 5 TIMES. IDIOTS

So, if someone knows or can find out, these guys are in Girona. goalinn. TRADEINN RETAIL SERVICES, S.L. CIF/VAT ES-B-17527524, C/ Pirineus, 9, 17460 Celrà (Girona), Spain.

Can they personalize FCB jerseys with official La Liga letters and can they make all player names and numbers?

Thanks

Home of Barca Fans