Super cup

H

helbawi

Since barcelona have already won this years copa del rey against athletico bilbao and have almost won la liga, who is going to play in the spanish super cup?

H

helbawi

Does this mean that barcelona automatically win the spanish super cup?

TiTi

No, the winner of La Liga and Copa will play against the finalist of Copa for Super Cup.

H

helbawi

so barcelona will play athletico bilbao again for the super cup?

shadows

It depends ..There has been cases where the double winner were automatically awarded the Super Cup..But the last few times a team has won the double , they played against the losing finalist of the Copa and the holders have lost both the times(i think) it has happened!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Why is it two legged ? In Scotland we don't have a Super Cup and in England it's just a one-off at Wembley.

maz

I walk the line
It happened before and the losing side in the copa faced the winner of the double. I cant see it changing. Although of course a fcb-madrid match would be a great precursor for the season, especially with florentino's signings on show, and pep's magestic team.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Have Bilbao beaten us at all in the obscene number of times we've played em this season? Seriously, it feels like i've watched 4 or 5 Barca-Bilbao games

Home of Barca Fans