Davinson Sanchez

BarçaBarça

It ends in December I believe. last season it ended on December 20th.

Interesting.
Would be good to do more than just keep an eye on the talent over there. A buy-and-loan deal for him this winter, would be great for us, and make him adapt to European football :)

khaled_a_d

When is the end of the season over there?

It ends in December I believe. last season it ended on December 20th.

Done some quick search ,I think by the end of the season they mean the Apertura phase.20 rounds league then play-offs.they are currently playing Semi-final .if they reached final they will play by June 19th. so that is probably the date
Copa Libertadores semi is in july too

Messi983

So it looks like he didn't sign with Ajax yet. He's probably just a backup plan if we can't get Lemos at this time although I wouldn't mind to get both of them and loan them out to see how they develop. We'll eventualy need to replace both Masche and Mathieu over the next year or two and Pique is also close to 30 so if we can get both of those kids for the rumoured fee I'd take a risk. We could spend 15M or so a lot worse than that way.

If everything works out good we'd have Pique and Umtiti starting with Lemos/Sanchez or maybe Tarin as backups in 2 years.

BarçaBarça

So it looks like he didn't sign with Ajax yet. He's probably just a backup plan if we can't get Lemos at this time although I wouldn't mind to get both of them and loan them out to see how they develop. We'll eventualy need to replace both Masche and Mathieu over the next year or two and Pique is also close to 30 so if we can get both of those kids for the rumoured fee I'd take a risk. We could spend 15M or so a lot worse than that way.

If everything works out good we'd have Pique and Umtiti starting with Lemos/Sanchez or maybe Tarin as backups in 2 years.

Just my thoughts exactly - that is the ideal plan :worthy:

We need to think further ahead with our defence-situation and buying cheap young talents and loaning them out is a great way. Because there is no guarantees in football. Some of them can turn out bad, and then we better be prepared and not gamble on 1 player to break through.
After all these years without young talent at centerback we need to BUY THEM ALL :D

khaled_a_d

Can't see it this way,we already had an agreement with his club and if it wasn't for his agent we would have already announced the deal by now.He will be cheaper and might even be the one with the bigger potential.
I actually hope we get him and like our chances with him.As long as we don't get stubborn with moving him to Barca B then we are the biggest club after him,already has a deal in place with his club and actually have gr8 relation with even Ajax and he could be loaned there or to another Liga club.

khaled_a_d

Atlético Nacional is out of Apertura Semi-final with penalties. Should know his decsion in the next couple of weeks.
Would like to see us adding another young CB

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good move, but he can sign for us and request us to loan him out to them too, for a couple of seasons or so.... but perhaps Ajax aren't interested in that.

xXKonan

Good move, but he can sign for us and request us to loan him out to them too, for a couple of seasons or so.... but perhaps Ajax aren't interested in that.
Don't blame him if he goes to Ajax. I mean he's already played against teams that are at a higher level than what Barca B faces, why the hell would he accept our offer?

For me He's not a signing you should make for the B team but one that you buy and loan him out for a couple of seasons.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't blame him if he goes to Ajax. I mean he's already played against teams that are at a higher level than what Barca B faces, why the hell would he accept the offer?

For me He's not a signing you should make for the B team but one that you buy and loan him out for a couple of seasons.

I said it was a good move though(without being sarcastic). He's most likely not good enough for the 1st team right away, so if we signed him, loaning him out would've been the best and perhaps the only way to go forward.

xXKonan

I said it was a good move though(without being sarcastic). He's most likely not good enough for the 1st team right away, so if we signed him, loaning him out would've been the best and perhaps the only way to go forward.
I like that the club seems interested in doing it. I wonder who else we are looking at Bar Davinson and Lemos, I remember we have first dibs on Marlon Santos but I don't see us buying him anytime soon though.

khaled_a_d

I like that the club seems interested in doing it. I wonder who else we are looking at Bar Davinson and Lemos, I remember we have first dibs on Marlon Santos but I don't see us buying him anytime soon though.

Read somewhere that Villarreal are interested in Marlon

xXKonan

Read somewhere that Villarreal are interested in Marlon
I think I've read Sport mentioning it. Wouldn't surprise me He's considered one of Fluminense's best prospects and even some called him the next "Thiago Silva".

I think if we were to go for him he would probably cost at least 8-12 Million but I'm not sure on that. He's the same age as Lemos, but at the moment in time I rate Lemos higher.

Home of Barca Fans