Davinson Sanchez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When we sign players for high transfer fees you're mad.

When we sign young talentes for a symbolic fee you're mad.

What do you want? [MENTION=19793]Jombi[/MENTION]

:lol:

Jombi

When we sign players for high transfer fees you're mad.

When we sign young talentes for a symbolic fee you're mad.

What do you want? [MENTION=19793]Jombi[/MENTION]

:lol:

I'm neutral. Neither positive nor negative to this. Certainly not mad. People do tend to hype our signings though. That obese dude, Roberto Goncalves, who clearly wasnt good enough who we signed from Fluminense for Barca B was another "young talent", but who knows what the real purpose was with that deal. Didnt Traffic have some connections to drug cartels in Colombia as well?

khaled_a_d

No one has hyped Roberto Goncalves,what people said was the common sense.he was a player who once looked to have a bright future that we got him almost for free .while his club enjoy marketing him in Europe through us.that was a risk free deal for us.

As for Davinson,he is a young player who has all the tools for a Barca CB.those who watched him say he is a big talent (if you want confirmation of that you can do your own search) and the fact that he is a starter in a team that is playing copa Libertadores Semi-final at his age is promising

No one even gave him the usual "he is our own Varane" here to talk about hyping our own signings.smh

Last edited:

xXKonan

When it comes to Robert Goncalves, I was intrigued on what he could do. But Obviously it was a failure since he failed to adapt in training and wasn't used at all.

I read the original report on us "Signing" Davinson, it was written by Gerard Romero which I find believable, I think like Khaled said earlier we agreed with his club Atletico Nacional on the Fee and Romero got the part correct. but the only thing holding up the deal is Davinson not wanting to play for the B team and wants to play at 1st team club level.

I think the way around it is us Offering him a chance to go on loan for a Liga side, for him to Develop and instead of trying to force him on the B team. Both him and Mauricio Lemos have potential, and it's great we are looking at guys like them. I would take a punt on Davinson since he would be a good 8 million cheaper than Lemos, and loan him out to another league side for a couple of seasons.

khaled_a_d

Seem Ajax will snatch him.can't get why if we were truly interested didn't try to sign and loan him for Ajax themselves

Messi983

Maybe he didn't want to do that. He may be RM fan and didn't want to join us for all we know. We reach a deal with his club but he just prefers to join another club. He's also not a can't miss player. Yes, he may turn out ok but it's just as likely that noone of us will even remember we were interested in him in two years.

Messi983

Disappointing stuff.

Why? Because he prefers to join Ajax? As much as it seems unlikely to us not every player wants to play here. They can prefer other clubs for different reasons - more regular playing time, connections with coach/players at that club, signing with their "dream club" (I don't always believe when players said they sign with their dream club but there are cases when that's true) and of course money. If Ajax see him as their starter they are probably ready to pay him more than we if he'd play for B team as it was planned. Some players also prefer longterm contract/security with "smaller" clubs than signing with big club and then going out on loan for a season, two or even more without knowing what will happen with them. There is no guarantee he'd ever make it to our first team.

I won't lose my sleep because of players who don't want to be here. There are more than enough good players who want to sign for Barça and we should concentrate on them.

Jombi

Why do we suddenly assume that players are rejecting us right and left and not that we simply havent shown proper interest? The idea that lots of players are rejecting us so our management cant do anything about it seems like an excuse.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why? Because he prefers to join Ajax? As much as it seems unlikely to us not every player wants to play here. They can prefer other clubs for different reasons - more regular playing time, connections with coach/players at that club, signing with their "dream club" (I don't always believe when players said they sign with their dream club but there are cases when that's true) and of course money. If Ajax see him as their starter they are probably ready to pay him more than we if he'd play for B team as it was planned. Some players also prefer longterm contract/security with "smaller" clubs than signing with big club and then going out on loan for a season, two or even more without knowing what will happen with them. There is no guarantee he'd ever make it to our first team.

I won't lose my sleep because of players who don't want to be here. There are more than enough good players who want to sign for Barça and we should concentrate on them.

The rumored 3-4m was a very low fee for someone regarded as one of the biggest defensive talents from South America, and already a starter in a big club there.

Would've been a nice long-term move.

xXKonan

[tw]740677915348766720[/tw]

It says Davinson has three offers one of them being Barca and will wait until the end of the season to make a decision.

Home of Barca Fans