Robert Fernandez

khaled_a_d

So since we had a Zubizarreta b4,I can't find a thread for our current Sporting Director Roberto Fernández
And since this summer his actual work starts I thought it is time he has his own thread

F

Flavia

I hope I'm wrong, but the names linked so far haven't been that promising. But we need to wait for this summer to be finished, to judge his work.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Only I can judge him on so far is letting Sandro leave because of "good behaviour". Not a good start, and if both Dani and Masche leave, it will be a nice test for him to bring in decent replacements.

khaled_a_d

The good thing we know is that he was a part of Atletico Madrid transfer department .the bad news is that he let Sandro go for free.
If _ and that is a big if_ both Mascherano and Alves leave I can't help but think the guy is thinking about renewing our squad.
On paper that sound good.a squad with starters of average age of 29 is old.But the way he is renewing our squad will be a gr8 test for him.
I honestly thought he will do the easy thing,Get Gameiro,Denis and new CB along a back up LB and call it a successful summer.

khaled_a_d

Robert (sports director): "Mascherano? I talked with him, he knows our opinion. For me it's clear he'll stay.

Robert (sports director): "Alves? Dani has decided to leave, he has informed us about that."

Robert (sports director): "Renewal Neymar? There will be a deal, and he'll stay at Barça for many more years. When announced? Up to club."

Robert (sports director): "Bartra? It's true buyout fee has dropped, but we want him to stay linked to the club."

Robert (sports director): "We don't want Alves to leave, but it's a personal decision and we have to respect that."

Robert (sports director): "Signing right back? We believe in Aleix Vidal, that's why we signed him. And we have the option of Sergi Roberto"

Robert (sports director): "Bellerin could return one day? He's a great player, but that's not an option we're considering now."

Robert (sports director): "Adriano? He has an ongoing contract and no one told me he'll leave, that's all I can say now."

Robert (sports director): "Nolito? You all know why we didn't sign him in January. He has a contact at Celta, so won't comment further."

Robert (sports director): "Douglas? We want him to play, here or elsewhere. If it's not possible here, we'll find a solution."

Robert (sports director): "Buying back Denis? Villareal know we'll buy him back, but we'll make the official request in July."

Robert (sports director): "Goalkeepers? We have two fantastic keepers and they'll both continue."

Robert (sports director): "Arda? We believe in him. It's not always easy to adapt, to this club but we expect a lot from him."

Robert (sports director): "Marquinhos? Everyone likes a player like him. But I didn't talk with the player or with PSG."

Robert (sports director): "Neymar reportedly offered to Madrid? We don't know about that. Afraid he'll leave? No."

Not bad comments at all tbh,think the Adriano comment is to tell him that if he wants to get paid he should stay and rot another year on the bench.Insisting on Mascherano staying and that the interest in Bellerin & Marquinhos is just a media trash rumor

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Didn't like it at all. Very worrying that it seems like we won't sign a replacement for Alves. Why should we trust Vidal? Never played nor trusted by Lucho against any decent opposition and now he will suddenly be our starting RB? Are you having a laugh?

khaled_a_d

tbh I am not sure why people expected otherwise,Vidal was bought to be Alves heir from the start.we were even ready to let Alves walk last year when we were signing him
The reason why Vidal hasn't played is a mystery tbf.but most reports it was a sort of a punishment from Lucho. May be Lucho like him as a player but was just giving him a walk up call
And I doubt we won't go for a RB without Lucho approval

Eetu

Adormit
Didn't like it at all. Very worrying that it seems like we won't sign a replacement for Alves. Why should we trust Vidal? Never played nor trusted by Lucho against any decent opposition and now he will suddenly be our starting RB? Are you having a laugh?

He went through the whole presser avoiding saying anything that might affect negotiations. Imagine the meltdown about driving the prices up we'd be having here had he declared we're shopping for a RB :lol:

spark

tbh I am not sure why people expected otherwise,Vidal was bought to be Alves heir from the start.we were even ready to let Alves walk last year when we were signing him
The reason why Vidal hasn't played is a mystery tbf.but most reports it was a sort of a punishment from Lucho. May be Lucho like him as a player but was just giving him a walk up call
And I doubt we won't go for a RB without Lucho approval

I won't take everything he says at face value. Pedro's transfer is an example and in any case its probably better not to shout from the rooftops that we need a new RB. This way they don't appear desperate about the position. Personally, I'll only be fine with going into the new season with such an an uninspiring Roberto Vidal duo if it helps compensate signing better players in other positions.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One quote slipped and I am sure I read it online. He basically said that there will be no promoting of youngsters because Barca B plays in 3rd division and that next season they will need to fight for play-offs etc.

Too bad noone sent a memo back to Pep in 2008 as Busquets, Pedro also played in 3rd or 4th division. Oh, and Messi too wouldn't have been promoted either as he too was playing 3rd division football!

More I hear from this Robert (Sandro good behavior "clause") and now this, he sounds just like another former player puppet idiot.

Home of Barca Fans