Robert Fernandez

Eetu

Adormit
One quote slipped and I am sure I read it online. He basically said that there will be no promoting of youngsters because Barca B plays in 3rd division and that next season they will need to fight for play-offs etc.

Too bad noone sent a memo back to Pep in 2008 as Busquets, Pedro also played in 3rd or 4th division. Oh, and Messi too wouldn't have been promoted either as he too was playing 3rd division football!

More I hear from this Robert (Sandro good behavior "clause") and now this, he sounds just like another former player puppet idiot.

I only listened to the press conference, but I'm quite sure it was in the context of a journalist attacking Lucho for not playing youngsters and what Roberto said was more in lines of the jump from B to first team being more difficult since they are in Segunda B and that it'd be easier if they were in Segunda A.

khaled_a_d

I only listened to the press conference, but I'm quite sure it was in the context of a journalist attacking Lucho for not playing youngsters and what Roberto said was more in lines of the jump from B to first team being more difficult since they are in Segunda B and that it'd be easier if they were in Segunda A.

That doesn't make sense tbh,almost the whole Liga reserve teams are playing in Segunda B and players get promoted normally
Many would argue that Segunda A actually doesn't help developing players as Segunda B.since the level is just too difficult for a team of youngsters to focus on their development without initiating a losing environment

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it really worries me to read such statements. Everything this team accomplished is owed largely to our youth sections and balls of Van Gaal, Rijkaard and Pep who promoted players from 3rd division.

I just wish Catalan journalists were a bit smarter and ask these questions. To be quite frank most if the time they sound like stupid people too.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Bad questions can only get bad anwsers. They seek for controversie to get more money. Good questions don't do the trick anymore - asking decent questions once/twice a year now has become such an anonaly it also creates more fuzz. Meaning they'll spout shit most of the time and ask a few decent questions when money stips rolling.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
One quote slipped and I am sure I read it online. He basically said that there will be no promoting of youngsters because Barca B plays in 3rd division and that next season they will need to fight for play-offs etc.

Too bad noone sent a memo back to Pep in 2008 as Busquets, Pedro also played in 3rd or 4th division. Oh, and Messi too wouldn't have been promoted either as he too was playing 3rd division football!
I don't know man.... it's probably good this way, raising the threshold.

Times have surely changed from the days of Leo moving to the first team.... La Masia has enjoyed a tremendous raise in reputation which I am sure might have raised the ego of the youngsters as well.

I mean how many great prodigies have we lost out on because they wanted to walk into the first team but have not yet been promoted? Ironically this has been happening even when Barca B has actually been doing jack shit for a while now!

Last edited:

Messi983

Samper will be promoted but he'll most likely go out on loan. None of the others Barca B players really have a place in first team right now but some of them will get a chance to play in preseason (like Alena) and in CDR games during the season. I really don't see nothing wrong with that.

khaled_a_d

Starting to like the guy tbh,we are working more on smaller leagues and expanding our scouting and transfer network.Seem to be a guy with a plan
Remain to be seen how the execution of the plan would work.And how we are gonna sell the players who are on their way out.

Devils

Renew his contract plz.

These are exactly the type of transfers Barca should be making. Even if they don't work out, they are far more promising than players like Verm, Song and Arda.

Great work Robert.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tbf, we could have gotten backup LB from La Liga for half the price.

I do like that we bought younger players as this squad needed some rejuvenation and I do applaud Robert moving fast and securing signings before pre-season.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Best thing is that we will be able to sell them for a decent sum if they flop. He started off badly, but only up since then.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Best thing is that we will be able to sell them for a decent sum if they flop. He started off badly, but only up since then.

His first signing was bringing Denis Suarez back.

Arda and Aleix Vidal were signed before Bartomeu was re-elected and Robert subsequently appointed.

Home of Barca Fans