Robert Fernandez

Messi983

If there is anyone to blame it is the board, Sanhelli or whatever the guy name is the one who finishes deal for around a decade and half not sporting director. And under current board the sporting director is ignored in big transfers (Zubi had nothing to do with Neymar)
Roberto was already sidelined for Segura, and he will be the scapegoat just like Zubi, and probably Valverde too if things go south. He can fuck off as you want but it won't change anything. At least he was able to convince the board to invest in youth over 28 years old players and tried to look outside Spain and Arsenal.

Agree. I think he's actually the only one in our current board who knows what he's doing but he just got owerpowered from his bosses for the signing of Paulinho. I think he actually likes Seri and would prefer us to sign him (well, we still could).

If he has shown anything last summer is that he has a strong preference for younger players. I know people will blame him for signing Gomes and Paco but I think they just saw Gomes as an opportunity on the market (a young talented player who already had 2 seasons of experience in La Liga) and well, Paco was our 4th or 5th forward option and he was only one willing to sit behind MSN. Did he make mistakes like not signing a RB last summer (though this was probably more on Lucho because he believed that Roberto and Vidal could do the job), letting Sandro go for free and similar? Yes, but I believe he's far from our biggest problem but if board will stay and we'll have bad season I also believe he'll be a scapegoat just like Zubi was 3 seasons ago.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
'We want to sign big name players, but it's difficult'

[tw]899365914726064130[/tw]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's true. NOW it is difficult. Should have signed a midfielder in July. Instead they were slow and then duped by Neymar and now suddenly need 2 signings.

fergus90

They've had three months, regardless of Neymar leaving or not. Honestly I think Paulinho has been the only real midfield target as Bartomeu thought he could ride the MSN wave again.

Board needs to go before he does. Otherwise they'll hire another clown.

His targets this window have been good (Semedo, Seri, Dembele), not his fault the board are so stingy with them while dropping 40m on Paulinho. Doubt he had anything to do with Paulinho, idgaf what he says.

Gomes, Paco, etc are most certainly on him though. I won't defend him over those. Nor will I defend him for being a yes man and trying to cover the board's ass on Paulinho.

Not saying he's perfect, or even good, it's just that if he's fired, it better be by someone who knows what they're doing. And the current board does not fit that description. Firing him now will not fix anything.

Like I said on the other thread, get the board out first, then let a competent one assess the situation. I still think we can do better than him and am ok with him being fired if it is by a competent board and not by Bartomeu who'll just use him as a scapegoat and hire another clown like he did with Zubi.

Bottom line: this board should not be allowed to hire another sporting director or coach. Do not focus on the symptoms while the disease spreads.

Last edited:

serghei

Maybe this genius should watch the 2nd half of City vs Everton, and see what a gem of a player we missed in Bernardo Silva, for a little over more than Paulinho's transfer fee.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think he had much say in Paulinho money laundering scheme. I am disappointed as the next guy but let's wait until the transfer window closes before he's thrown under the bus.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know who has the final say on these deals, the montary aspect of them down to pennies, but he is sure to be incompetent. Even if he did not have the final say, he has done a poor job or nothing at all to influence those decisions.

Devils

I don't understand the penny pinching here either.

These morons need to realize their JOBS rely on the Seri and Dembele signings, if they don't get them they are out. If Messi keeps delaying his extension, they are out. If the vote of no confidence passes, they are out. If we have another bad season, they are out.

Signing Seri and Dembele could change all of the scenarios mentioned above and yet here they are penny pinching and trying to negotiate ridiculous bonuses and pissing off the manager, players and fans at the same time.

They don't have a clue.

ryuken

This whole bunch of crooks should be booted and Fucktomeu should have been arressted along with Rosell. Now i have to watch them destroy our club from within and spill shiet about our players. We are at a point which a 2 - 0 win over Betis is like some kind of achievement

Devils

I posted this in the Barto thread, but it also belongs in the Fernandez thread too.

Look at this guy, he knows exactly what he is talking about. He might be another politician, but fuck, it's glad to see someone is Barcelona is aware of just how shit things are.

[tw]899771321210462209[/tw]

[tw]899771553734213633[/tw]

[tw]899771678208610304[/tw]

[tw]899771844198150144[/tw]

[tw]899771908467572736[/tw]

[tw]899772122842578944[/tw]

[tw]899772605929930753[/tw]

[tw]899772698779197444[/tw]

[tw]899772781516029952[/tw]

[tw]899772973128732672[/tw]

Don't think he had much say in Paulinho money laundering scheme. I am disappointed as the next guy but let's wait until the transfer window closes before he's thrown under the bus.

I'm leaning towards the "fire him" side of the fence right now but if a new board is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, so am I. His targets this window have been good for the most part, he's not really at fault for the board's inability to close those deals.

Unless he actually wants Di Maria. In which case, fire him as soon as the board are gone and vote out any potential board that even thinks about keeping him. Though that doesn't make any sense considering his past signings (all young, Bartomeu's walking money laundering scheme aside).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans