Robert Fernandez

André

We got money for Adriano, 20 for a 33 yo gk, 30 for Pedro last summer (lol). Halilovic 5 M and buy back is also good deal.

Samper to Granada under Jemez is the best possible deal

Icarium

Lifestealer
We still suck at selling.

I don't like Samper and Munir leaving either.

Samper leaving is a good thing, he will not get enough chances. Unless he moves ahead of Roberto for being Busi backup. If we sign Alcacer then Munir also won't get chances.

Messi983

Bravo is a gr8 deal,He got money from Adriano so it is a gr8 deal.Bartra had a buyout so it isn't on him. Halilovic is a sale with buyback so it is kind of acceptable deal. Alves had a clause in his contract too
No one expected anything from Song tbf.
Overall he has done bad with Tello & Sandro,may be Montoya too.
Also he found a gr8 deal for Douglas with Cruzeiro but the player rejected it. had no option to get an awful one with Gijon

I consider Montoya as part of Andre Gomes deal (I know it wasn't official like that but I think both clubs negotiate him as part of the deal) so I'm ok with letting him go for free.

I think he shouldn't let Sandro leave for free. Malaga paid 5M to Eibar for Keko and 4M to River Plate Montevideo for Michael Santos, they could pay something for Sandro as well. Or at least we should get 30-50% of his future transfer fee if he becomes good for them and they sell him. Well, maybe we did negotiate some % of future sale that wasn't reported anywhere but I doubt. I'd also take first option on some of their promising players like Juanpi, Fornals, Kuki Zalazar in return for Sandro but we probably didn't get that either or it would be reported somewhere.

Also we probably don't know everything. Maybe Sandro had a really good offer (at least for him personally not for the club necessarily) last season and wanted to leave but Robert convinced him to stay because we had transfer ban and needed some cover for MSN. He didn't really play good but he did get his minutes in first half of the season when Messi was injured. So when Robert said it was his decision to let Sandro leave for free I thought they had that gentleman agreement from last year. Of course in hindsight it would be better to sell him in 2015 and get whatever we could but club probably thought he could still be useful for us in position we were so they decide to keep him for another year.

For Tello I think the problem was that he only wanted to join Fiorentina. Of course we could push him to join club like Swansea who would pay 6-7M or maybe more right away for him (though there were rumours about 17M offer from them but I seriously doubt that) but if the player only has his mind set on one team you can't do much. We never pushed players to join clubs they didn't want to join like other clubs do and we probably lost some money because of that but it's just the way we've always work and I can't see that change anytime soon.

I still think we should push for Fiora to pay for Tello this season even if it would be just 5-6M instead of that possible buy option of 8M next year which we already know now they won't execute. I hope next year we tell them and Tello to f*** off if they'll want another loan and then sell him to best possible suitor from EPL. The same for Vermaelen. We should use all the money midtable EPL clubs have to offload our rejects to them instead of loaning them to Italian teams who don't have money (or at least pretend they don't have when negotiating with us). Hopefully Robert will learn that soon.

I agree with your post otherwise and think Robert did a really good job overall for his first real summer as SD by bringing in that much young talent with longterm potential to start in the future and also getting rid of almost all deadweight.

I also like the way we buy Digne and Gomes without media finding out anything until deals were almost signed. Would probably happen the same with Umtiti if he wouldn't play in Euro and we had to wait to officialy confirm his transfer. There was only a bit of saga during contract negotiations with Denis and now of course with Paco. But the later has more to do with internal disagreements in Valencia than us.

Last edited:

Interlop

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the club and Sandro terminated his contract on mutual agreement because of good behavior or something like that, maybe Robert promised him at the start of last season like you said. So Barca did not sell him, he joined Malaga as a free contract, we couldn't get anything from that deal.

Messi983

Yes, you're right. His contract was rescinded.

I was thinking more about we would not do that and instead sell him for low fee (or even for 0€) but guarantee some % of future sale or first options on players I mentioned. Also maybe include buy-back clause if he develops good but I think Robert already knows Sandro will never be good enough for Barça.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
In terms of money gained from transfers, Robert still needs to improve but he really has done well in terms of getting rid of deadweight.

JamDav1982

I dont mind the likes of Sandro or Bartra going for low fees or next to nothing in Sandros case.

It puts Barca in a stronger position to keep their younger players through La Masia if they can point to looking after them as a person first and not only a factory to make money on them.

Young player at Barca seem to be given a lot of freedom to find the deal that suits them more than the club when they leave. That is a good thing.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the club and Sandro terminated his contract on mutual agreement because of good behavior or something like that, maybe Robert promised him at the start of last season like you said. So Barca did not sell him, he joined Malaga as a free contract, we couldn't get anything from that deal.

His contract ended this year but the club had an option to extend it for one more year and we didn't exercise it.

I consider Montoya as part of Andre Gomes deal (I know it wasn't official like that but I think both clubs negotiate him as part of the deal) so I'm ok with letting him go for free.

I think he shouldn't let Sandro leave for free. Malaga paid 5M to Eibar for Keko and 4M to River Plate Montevideo for Michael Santos, they could pay something for Sandro as well. Or at least we should get 30-50% of his future transfer fee if he becomes good for them and they sell him. Well, maybe we did negotiate some % of future sale that wasn't reported anywhere but I doubt. I'd also take first option on some of their promising players like Juanpi, Fornals, Kuki Zalazar in return for Sandro but we probably didn't get that either or it would be reported somewhere.

Also we probably don't know everything. Maybe Sandro had a really good offer (at least for him personally not for the club necessarily) last season and wanted to leave but Robert convinced him to stay because we had transfer ban and needed some cover for MSN. He didn't really play good but he did get his minutes in first half of the season when Messi was injured. So when Robert said it was his decision to let Sandro leave for free I thought they had that gentleman agreement from last year. Of course in hindsight it would be better to sell him in 2015 and get whatever we could but club probably thought he could still be useful for us in position we were so they decide to keep him for another year.

For Tello I think the problem was that he only wanted to join Fiorentina. Of course we could push him to join club like Swansea who would pay 6-7M or maybe more right away for him (though there were rumours about 17M offer from them but I seriously doubt that) but if the player only has his mind set on one team you can't do much. We never pushed players to join clubs they didn't want to join like other clubs do and we probably lost some money because of that but it's just the way we've always work and I can't see that change anytime soon.

I still think we should push for Fiora to pay for Tello this season even if it would be just 5-6M instead of that possible buy option of 8M next year which we already know now they won't execute. I hope next year we tell them and Tello to f*** off if they'll want another loan and then sell him to best possible suitor from EPL. The same for Vermaelen. We should use all the money midtable EPL clubs have to offload our rejects to them instead of loaning them to Italian teams who don't have money (or at least pretend they don't have when negotiating with us). Hopefully Robert will learn that soon.

I agree with your post otherwise and think Robert did a really good job overall for his first real summer as SD by bringing in that much young talent with longterm potential to start in the future and also getting rid of almost all deadweight.

I also like the way we buy Digne and Gomes without media finding out anything until deals were almost signed. Would probably happen the same with Umtiti if he wouldn't play in Euro and we had to wait to officialy confirm his transfer. There was only a bit of saga during contract negotiations with Denis and now of course with Paco. But the later has more to do with internal disagreements in Valencia than us.

Yeah,I was the 1st in this forum to point out that Robert seem to be the guy who holds his cards far from the media,people were laughing at me. Seem that I can get things right from time to time :hooray:

Overall there are tons of factors that we don't know about,relation with agents and may be as [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] mentioned is that we can always tell our young players that we care about them as footballers not just assets.

But if you are gonna consider things business wise most people would point out those deals as bad deals so let's be fair with that.
And while Tello might have wanted Fiorentina it is also known that he wanted selling more than loaning .as players always want long term insurance and stability and to be getting loaned at the age of 25 with 2 years only in his contract,he would want to sign a long term one and made it clear too. But for whatever reason Fiorentina was able to win the negotiation with both the club and the player. May be after all his market wasn't half good as we think which wasn't high in the 1st place anyway

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's been a 9/10 Summer for Robert.

Mighty impressive IMO. On paper at least.

BarçaBarça

Not only did Robert choose realistic targets and closed them early for the most part - he also bought young quality and secured a very good development-place for Samper. And he is not scared of challenging Lucho, when he thinks the clubs long-term interest is at stake - a great sign as well. Paco would be the cherry on top, imo, he wasn't available when we went into this window, but Robert seized the opportunity of the Valencia meltdown.
This indicates both good planning, and also determination in the transfer-market - very promising start from him! :worthy:

Sandro, Tello (and maybe Song) wasn't good deals, and I felt we should have done better there. Munir to Valencia also wouldn't be ideal either, because I really want him to have the best conditions for breaking through, and Celta would be better as I see it. A 10/10 window is always theoretical, in practice a window like this is all you can hope for :)

Home of Barca Fans