Robert Fernandez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu said Pep Segura will decide whether he will continue or not.

He's gone I think lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes, he made it clear Pep Segura is in charge of the department and every decision will run through him. Barto want no part in this. He's given the keys to Segura.

xXKonan

I never understand why Segura of all people has much power as he does now.

Should have been demoted/scked after that debacle in the summer where he went on Barca TV claiming the Coutinho and Dembele deals were close to being finished.

El Gato

Villarato!
Need someone with a brain for scouting. It would actually make sense if you went without a director of football for a while and handed the keys to Valverde to see where he takes the club long-term. Either that or sack the guy. Unless there is someone who understands the club ethos, but isn't an emotionally led plonker. No Xavis, Zubis or anyone like that. Not sure about Jordi Cruyff from ambition perspective, but he might actually have the mind for that sort of job.

George_Costanza

Need someone with a brain for scouting. It would actually make sense if you went without a director of football for a while and handed the keys to Valverde to see where he takes the club long-term. Either that or sack the guy. Unless there is someone who understands the club ethos, but isn't an emotionally led plonker. No Xavis, Zubis or anyone like that. Not sure about Jordi Cruyff from ambition perspective, but he might actually have the mind for that sort of job.

Without Sporting Director we will end up like United buying expensive and unnecessary players. Giving EV the keys is wrong too since he thinks short-term, will buy old experienced and expensive players for a season or two just like Lucho.

We need a manager who will be here for an at least 4-5 seasons to plan post-Messi era from now. This type of manager could be consulted on future signings. Look at City and how did they invest since Pep took over: Stones 22 y, Sane 20 y, G.Jesus 19y, Laporte 23, Mendy 23y, B.Silva 22y, Ederson 23y, with few 25+ like Gundogan 25y, Walker 27y, Danilo 26y etc.

El Gato

Villarato!
Without Sporting Director we will end up like United buying expensive and unnecessary players. Giving EV the keys is wrong too since he thinks short-term, will buy old experienced and expensive players for a season or two just like Lucho.

Does he?

It’s true you need a long term plan, but I don’t think Valverde pulls the strings on these. If he is not to be the leader of the project then sack him. Otherwise it’s fruitless to just hand him whatever the fans think they want to see. There is very little middle ground. Either he is the right man who fulls understands and complies with the policy and direction the club is taking, or he’s not.

George_Costanza

Does he?

It’s true you need a long term plan, but I don’t think Valverde pulls the strings on these. If he is not to be the leader of the project then sack him. Otherwise it’s fruitless to just hand him whatever the fans think they want to see. There is very little middle ground. Either he is the right man who fulls understands and complies with the policy and direction the club is taking, or he’s not.

I wish it was up to the fans but what our fans wish for end up in a well-run team like Real, City and Liverpool, not Barcelona. Our fans never wanted players like Gomes, Douglas, Turan, and Paulinho etc. If we leave it to Pep Segura or EV we will end up with players like Ander Herrera and Inigo Martinez or worse.

FCBfan22

Apparently, he is one of the loudest voices against sending Dembele on loan.

I'm really afraid for the time when he leaves and Segura has even more power then.

Joan

Segura boy often talks about tall, strong players and style with a lot of crosses. He better get us Mandzukic type player than send Dembele away.

Home of Barca Fans