Robert Fernandez

Messi983

Some names we were previously linked with Puyol, Abidal and Jordi Cruyff but I think Roberto will renew.

I've read yesterday that Sociedad also wants Jordi Cruyff as their new SD but he still hasn't decided if he'd take that role or continue his coaching career. If Barça would seriously go after him then his decision would probably be easier but I hope Robert will stay.

Wouldn't really be a good idea to change SD before transfer window starts. Robert had contacts with players/agents over the last months and maybe even a pre-contract with some of them (Griezmann I think it's 99% done deal but maybe someone else as well). Segura could maybe do that job as well but I don't trust him. Also, Robert has shown a good eye for young CBs and I'd like him to bring another one before he leaves.

Nothanks

it sounds kind of shitty to replace someone who is supposed to be good at this job with someone who doesn't even know what career path he wants and lacks experience.
not that puyol, abidal aren't welcome but maybe they should work their way up before being incharge of transfers

BarçaBarça

Gundogans agent came out recently and confirmed that Enrique practically turned him down and wanted Arda instead..

..That makes you think if Roberts legacy would be different if Enrique didn't make that request. Maybe he shouldn't have listened to him?
Gundogan in this team instead of Arda would have been golden..

khaled_a_d

Gundogans agent came out recently and confirmed that Enrique practically turned him down and wanted Arda instead..

..That makes you think if Roberts legacy would be different if Enrique didn't make that request. Maybe he shouldn't have listened to him?
Gundogan in this team instead of Arda would have been golden..

Doesn't matter,Robert didn't sign Arda anyway, and Gundogan would have been a bad signing too, guy is just made of glass. The guy has what? 9 league starts this season? Into one of his healthiest seasons in recent memory too.

BarçaBarça

Doesn't matter,Robert didn't sign Arda anyway, and Gundogan would have been a bad signing too, guy is just made of glass. The guy has what? 9 league starts this season? Into one of his healthiest seasons in recent memory too.

I don't think he would have been for 27M in a season where we needed midfield-control. Of course it is hard to say how much he would have played, but a half-seasons rest with no games could have benefited him. Maybe there were better alternatives, but when the choice were between those two in this specific case I still think it could've been a whole different story with Gundogan rather than Arda.

Joan

There are reports about Jordi Cruyff taking over his job. Don't know what to think, it's not easy to choose your sporting director.

Joan

Does anyone have his detailed biography? Not as a player but as a sporting director, his transfers and all, not just here?

khaled_a_d

How good is Jordi Cruyff? Is he being fired from that Isreali club or what?

He said he is leaving, probably by mutual agreement since they wouldn't have kept him as a manager
There is no right answer for your first question, SD are rarely known when they are signed unless moving from one big club to another.
quick look in wikipedia Jordi has 7 years working as sporting director , 2 in Cyprus and 5 in his current club where they won 3 consecutive league (and then 2 runner up) after 10 years of not winning it and 9 years outside of top 2, they are likely to finish 3rd this year.
seem like he was good addition for them as sporting director, but this is completely non-significant level in comparison to Spanish football.

Home of Barca Fans