Robert Fernandez

khaled_a_d

Financial aspects of mega deals usually responsibility of the board when it come to its negotiation, so won't credit Roberto for Messi/Neymar renewal nor negotiation of Coutinho for example (but probably he is the one who wanted him)
I rate Paco as an okaish deal, I still like him as a back up striker and while we overpaid for him he is a bit useful tbh. Gomes was on Lucho but at the end Roberto made the deal and should be held accountable.
One more thing. He seem to made right decision when he didn't go for many fan favorite as Bernardo Silva for example. though we can still argue he would have been better than Gomes

Windhook

Remember that Robert is a former player, not a bank director. RF's job is to evaluate all the scout data and give the board green light to start negotiations on shortlisted players. Board members that handle finances usually have zero experience in football, Barto himself was in charge of the FCB Basket during the Laporta years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bernardo Silva would have definitely been better than Gomes and I think he'll flourish at Man City once he fully settles in and gets to play in a more central midfield role, possibly rotating for David Silva. Playing as a winger the way he is right now is like putting Coutinho at the wing out wide.

jamrock

He lucked out in umtiti like zubi did with Mats.

When I say luck I don't really mean luck they clearly did there homework, but it turned out better than most expected.

Apart from that he as been poor at worst and meh at best.

Can't think of anyone else he signed that as been good for us.

Paco
Gomes
Semedo

Have all been average at best, we will see how Mina works out if he works out well we should just hire him as a CB scout.

Dembele & coutinho are different signings so I don't give him credit or blame for these.

serghei

I'm happy with both Paco and Semedo. Both are good transfers. Paco is everything you'd want from a squad player. Scores goals, some of them important, is good in link-up play, holds the ball well, has a positive attitude and works hard everytime. You can't really ask for more than that considering you didn't sign him for 70m.

Semedo is a top transfer for me. Not a lot of money and among the best players in his position. Okay, so he's not yet accustomed to our offensive schemes, that'll come. Been here for a few months, not playing a lot of time.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm happy with both Paco and Semedo. Both are good transfers. Paco is everything you'd want from a squad player. Scores goals, some of them important, is good in link-up play, holds the ball well has a positive attitude and works hard everytime. You can't really ask for more than that considering you didn't sign him for 70m.

Semedo is a top transfer for me. Not a lot of money and among the best players in his position. Okay, so he's not yet accustomed to our offensive schemes, that'll come. Been here for a few months, not playing a lot of time.

Good post.

When I say luck I don't really mean luck they clearly did there homework, but it turned out better than most expected.

Paco
Gomes
Semedo

Have all been average at best, we will see how Mina works out if he works out well we should just hire him as a CB scout.

Dembele & coutinho are different signings so I don't give him credit or blame for these.

Zubi may have been a crap sporting director, but he was a great goalkeeper. Don’t think Mats was luck.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Paco
Gomes
Semedo

I would say Zubi has been more lucky with the Rakitic's signing than Mats - He has been great for some time even before he moved here

Besides, who knows a keeper better than a keeper anyway

khaled_a_d

Most Zubi signings was success actually. Problem is that he didn't sign many and kept squad as thin as possible which hurt us,also him being charge of B team too was wrong.

Nothanks

given the circumstances this guy did really good in my opinion.
seems to have a plan and executes it.. more importantly seems to have a plan B and C

it's going to suck for him when he has to figure out the replacements for messi, busquets and pique.. i don't think anyone can really replace the first two and he has that burden should he still be here in the next 3 years

jamrock

I would say Zubi has been more lucky with the Rakitic's signing than Mats - He has been great for some time even before he moved here

Besides, who knows a keeper better than a keeper anyway

When I say luck in reference to Mats & umtiti I don't mean they didn't know what they were doing in signing them, just that the result is way more than the overwhelming majority of us thought when we signed them, especially umtiti.

They both seem set to be a top 3 player of there generation, Barcelona hasn't had that in goal in forever, some would say ever.

Home of Barca Fans