Robert Fernandez

xXKonan

So his quote "I don't like paying a lot of money for a player that left La Masia" means Thiago and Bellerin off the table?

Cause theirs no way both of them would go for peanuts.

Edit: It would be more in this case with Bellerin instead of Thiago however since Thiago was already with first time by the time he left.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More aimed at Bellerin I think as he was the one who left La Masia back then.

Thiago was sold and celebrated by the board who said getting 25m for a player who cost nothing and was a bench player was great business.

F

FlaFCB

So it's clear now Gomes is staying. That means no midfielder will likely be brought. So, another season with Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Rakitic as midfielders.

Robert also said we won't see many signings this summer, unlike the last one.

F

FlaFCB

He also said that we will promote Players from the B Team this season.Besides Alena and Marlon who else?

I can't see Aleña staying. There's too many midfielders, only if someone leaves. Which is looking unlikely. Samper won't be back either.

Isn't it the future coach who should take a decision about that ?

Robert said the final decision about the next coach is his too. It's very likely it will be Unzue, so they might be working together already.

I just hope they offload Arda, at least.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So Robert alone will decide who the coach is. Players won't be consulted and next coach will be former Barca player.

On Gomes he basically admitted we got him because he was hyped and Paco is great. I am thinking he got them to help Valencia where his loyalty still lies.

Good news, we'll see a player promoted to first team next season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And I see too much "me" for a former player of no notable history or charisma.
But I guess Bartomeu choices for a puppet were limited as not even our players like being seen with him.

DonAK

So we'll definitely sign a RB and Midfielder this summer. Hope it's not the PL duo Bellerin and Coutinho.

DonAK

I didn't catch any RB talk.

Interview was with Sique Rodriguez where Robert insinuated a RB and Midfielder are definitely going to be signed.

Robert was asked about Bellerin and said he was an interesting player, but later said he don't want to or like to pay big sums for players that left La Masia, which I assume was aimed at Bellerin.

[tw]843951762994331649[/tw]

F

FlaFCB

Interview was with Sique Rodriguez where Robert insinuated a RB and Midfielder are definitely going to be signed.

Robert was asked about Bellerin and said he was an interesting player, but later said he don't want to or like to pay big sums for players that left La Masia, which I assume was aimed at Bellerin.

[tw]843951762994331649[/tw]

Maybe he now wants to make a portuguese midfield, and will get B.Silva from mendes too.

Sique also said something about the possibility of Valverde being the coach with Unzue as second...

Home of Barca Fans