Barça and NIKE extend their agreement

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/nike-and-fc-barcelona-extend-their-agreement

FC Barcelona and NIKE, Inc. have extended their current sponsorship deal, which was due to end on 30 June 2018. The long-term agreement is a landmark in global football and builds upon a highly successful partnership. The details of the agreement will be reported and will have to be ratified at the next Club General Assembly.

FC Barcelona and NIKE signed their first partnership agreement back in 1998 and have experienced two decades of extraordinary football together, with the club winning 4 Champions Leagues, 10 Ligas, 4 editions of the Copa del Rey and 3 Club World Cups, among others.

Josep M. Bartomeu, president of FC Barcelona
“Through this new agreement with NIKE we are extending a strategic alliance for the Club, while also reinforcing our global position, hand in hand
with the leading global sports brand”.

“We are excited by this new agreement and are confident that we’ll be able to celebrate continued sporting successes together”.

Trevor Edwards, president of the NIKE Brand
“FC Barcelona is one of football’s greatest clubs, inspiring millions of sports fans across the globe, and we are extremely proud to continue our partnership together”.

“Our deep relationship with FC Barcelona extends NIKE's leadership position in football and we are excited by the opportunity to further grow the world’s most global sport”.

xXKonan

Despite the details not being reviled until the Club General Assembly, I think we already have an idea how much we are getting. (100 Million a year for 10 years).

DonAK

Despite the details not being reviled until the Club General Assembly, I think we already have an idea how much we are getting. (100 Million a year for 10 years).

MD speculating that at its most, we could receive up to 155m/year

Probably including incentives if we win a treble/double(incl. CL) a year and from those product merchandising rights.

Looking forward to see the official numbers at the Assembly.

Devils

Another treble team- check
New Camp Nou- check
Massive sponsorship deal with Nike- check
Record breaking Qatar deal- in the works.

The GOAT :bartomeu: just won't stop

DonAK

Another treble team- check
New Camp Nou- check
Massive sponsorship deal with Nike- check
Record breaking Qatar deal- in the works.

The GOAT :bartomeu: just won't stop

You surely mean me? The President of FC Barcelona after winning the BarcaForum Elections :lucho:

serghei

Great news. One problem less to deal with. Now get that sponsor, renew Neymar and sign 2-3 good players. And we can call it a summer.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If they do their job properly Barca could be debt-free and with a new stadium in 6 years.

I will say this though: Barca success was rarely about money and facilities. It's about people. Great men working in Masia last few decades, presidents trusting our legends to take over, or following Cruyff's philosophy and managers trusting La Masia youth. Even our last treble was won on La Masia spine.

This cash windfall is great but Bartomeu needs to invest wisely in people working for Barcelona.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
What a feeling to wake up, go on FB with my eyes still closed and see this news on the Barça group I follow !!

Amazing !! :worthy:

khaled_a_d

[tw]733973600189960192[/tw]
IF this is true it is actually a gr8 deal .Incentive that will help us to pay player Bonuses .and basically an 8 years renewal along a raise of the remaining 2 years in the current deal

Home of Barca Fans