Copa Final 2016: Barca - Sevilla 2-0(ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I'd like a bunch of Estonian flags there... just for lulz.

What's that blue-black-white stripe shit those fans are doing? Oh it's the flag of Estonia! Estonia? What does that word mean? Exercise? I hate exercise - D. Trump 2016.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
"Can he go all the waaaaaaaaay"

Heard that sentence about a hundred times :lol:

Too bad it's the one on almost 99% of the replays, some commentary from the radio were insane .. but in spanish though.

JamDav1982

"British flag" :lol:

Riight.. Because symbol of colonialism and flag of kingdom would resonate well with separatist Catalans :lol:

Well done on missing the point.

If the reason given is that Scotland was allowed to vote then that was a decision taken by British Govt.

If the reason as you seem to think is that they are pro independence then again Scottish flag is irrelevant as Scotland voted for the opposite.

My point is both are irrelevant.

El Flaco

Of course the ref is Cerro Grande. Had to pick someone from Madrid who is known for making bad calls. Like when he sent off Mascherano for swearing at himself earlier in the season. What a joke. Mallenco should be the referee in these kind of games.

Mallenco?

All I need to say is 2011 Copa del Rey final...

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You are the one who completely missed the point, Jamdav. And went on about some strained theory of "allowing" votes.

Flags are symbols and in this example, for Catalans, Scottish flag represents symbol of fighting for their political rights and right for their self determination.

Don't you have no fucking idea what FC Barcelona stands for and what if represents for Catalans? Are you oblivious to the persecutions they endured during unionist Franco? That Barca president Josep Sunyol got murdered?

Let me help you, Barca sure as fuck doesn't stand for unionism and monarchy.

serghei

Mallenco?

All I need to say is 2011 Copa del Rey final...

He can have bad games, but he is usually the best ref. in Spain. He did sent off Ramos and gave us two penalties on Bernabeu. No other spanish ref. would've had the guts to do that in a key game for the title duel of that season. Also sent off two AM players on Camp Nou in the derby with Simeone's men.

Sure, he makes mistakes, some of them pretty big, but not because he is biased or because he's a bad ref.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He can have bad games, but he is usually the best ref. in Spain. He did sent off Ramos and gave us two penalties on Bernabeu. No other spanish ref. would've had the guts to do that in a key game for the title duel of that season. Also sent off two AM players on Camp Nou in the derby with Simeone's men.

Sure, he makes mistakes, some of them pretty big, but not because he is biased or because he's a bad ref.

Kind of contradictory but i know what you mean. He is not biased and doesn't hesitate to punish if need arises.

JamDav1982

You are the one who completely missed the point, Jamdav. And went on about some strained theory of "allowing" votes.

Flags are symbols and in this example, for Catalans, Scottish flag represents symbol of fighting for their political rights and right for their self determination.

Don't you have no fucking idea what FC Barcelona stands for and what if represents for Catalans? Are you oblivious to the persecutions they endured during unionist Franco? That Barca president Josep Sunyol got murdered?

Let me help you, Barca sure as fuck doesn't stand for uniomism and monarchy.

Dont need your help about Barca/Catalan history thanks.

Will try to make point clearer to you.... the idea of waiving British flags is about as relevant as waiving Scottish ones. The point of bringing up British flags is not to say to wave them at Barca games ffs.

You do realise Scotland has been part of the UK dont you? Features as a large part of history in terms of all the good/bad that Great Britain has done and features on the British flag.

Why would a pro independence movement want to use that as a symbol of a country with that history and active part of a union?

A country who has voted to STAY part of that union headed by a monarchy.

It is ridiculous...hence the comparison to British flag.

F

Flavia

Dont need your help about Barca/Catalan history thanks.

Will try to make point clearer to you.... the idea of waiving British flags is about as relevant as waiving Scottish ones. The point of bringing up British flags is not to say to wave them at Barca games ffs.

You do realise Scotland has been part of the UK dont you? Features as a large part of history in terms of all the good/bad that Great Britain has done and features on the British flag.

Why would a pro independence movement want to use that as a symbol of a country with that history and active part of a union?

A country who has voted to STAY part of that union headed by a monarchy.

It is ridiculous...hence the comparison to British flag.

Scotland got to vote, jamdav. This can't be that hard to understand. That's what Catalunya want, the right to vote.

JamDav1982

Scotland got to vote, jamdav. This can't be that hard to understand. That's what Catalunya want, the right to vote.

I get they want the right to vote but the flag was specifically being mentioned as being used by pro independence supporters which makes them look a bit foolish I think.

Just dont think it is a good example to use a country that got that right and voted to stay part of a system.

If we are getting deeper and the history of flags and countries as Bojan likes to do it is an even worse idea to fly Scottish flags.

I totally disagree that flags and countries are accountable for all the good/bad things they have done in the past anyway. It is about now.

Half of Spain would probably wonder why Barca fans are flying Tenerife flags and have no idea of the point trying to be made anyway..

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I get they want the right to vote but the flag was specifically being mentioned as being used by pro independence supporters which makes them look a bit foolish I think.

Just dont think it is a good example to use a country that got that right and voted to stay part of a system.

If we are getting deeper and the history of flags and countries as Bojan likes to do it is an even worse idea to fly Scottish flags.

I totally disagree that flags and countries are accountable for all the good/bad things they have done in the past anyway. It is about now.
It was the best and most recent example of the voting to use, if the esteladas stayed banned. Everyone would know what this was about. You're just being your contrarian self.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
C'mon.

Spain never gave a chance for Catalunya to choose for themselves. UK gave the chance to Scotland, and they decided it wasn't in their best interest. CHANCE. All that's talked about.

Without the "chance", we could talk about Catalunya as the new Crimmea, where some people just decided they want to be independet. That's out of context, I know, but the principle is the same.

JamDav1982

C'mon.

Spain never gave a chance for Catalunya to choose for themselves. UK gave the chance to Scotland, and they decided it wasn't in their best interest. CHANCE. All that's talked about.

Without the "chance", we could talk about Catalunya as the new Crimmea, where some people just decided they want to be independet. That's out of context, I know, but the principle is the same.

Of course they deserve the chance to vote on it if it looks like majority or even close support it.

If they think a relevant link to that is what happened in Scotland then fair enough but I would stay clear of aligning themselves with that vote and the aftermath which has proven the correct decision made with oil price etc.

Not a smart move to me.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
It's all about the "signs".

UK with its approval, gave Scotland the chance to be "free", independent. Whatever word we want to use here. Spain just won't give it to Catalans. It's actually a great symbol imo. The aftermath here isn't really relevant.

Anyway, shouldn't really talk about it this much, the Catalan flags are approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans