• Sweden

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Catalan Fan

This will be the last EURO finals played in one country, France.

The tournament will be contested by 24 teams from the 10th June to the 10th July in 10 different venues.

The initial stage will comprise of 6 groups containing 4 teams.

Group A

France
Romania
Albania
Switzerland

Group B
England
Russia
Wales
Slovakia

Group C
Germany
Ukraine
Poland
Northern Ireland

Group D
Spain
Czech Republic
Turkey
Croatia

Group E
Belgium
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Sweden

Group F
Portugal
Iceland
Austria
Hungary

JamDav1982

Anyone who follows the French team able to give info on likely starting eleven?

Again for FF looking for tips on who will likely get goals assists. What defence will likely be etc?

Will Payet play if fit? Martial?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
France may nick it. Usually hosts are heavily favored (crowd, refs) and they do have a good team.

Germany won't miss Gundogan too much. They have a deep squad (midfield in particular) and are playing like a collective relying on team spirit more than individual flair.

Spain will be Spain under del Bosque. If they can make their CF (Torres?) work they could reach the top again.

I fancied Italy to win but without Verratti I can't be as confident.

Those are biggest favorites in that order.
England, Belgium, Croatia can make an upset.

Catalan Fan

France will be the team to beat if they gel together.Obviously there will be huge expectation but they really do have some great players available.

Possible midfield combo of Pog, Kante, Matuidi, Payet looks very strong, not to mention Griezmann, Martial, Coman up front.

Shame Zouma and to a lesser degree Benzima miss out.

MasChe

I can't see myself rooting for Italy now that there's no Verratti.
Maybe if they put Balotelli in first XI. ;)

I'm sort of feeling England can finally do something, they were lacking quality strikers, but now with Kane, Vardy, Sturridge they might surprise us all.

France is maybe logical favourite, but I don't trust their defence.

Spain don't interest me as much nowadays.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Doubt Portugal will get as far as some people seem to think. Might not even get out of the group stages.

CuleLife4Life

Doubt Portugal will get as far as some people seem to think. Might not even get out of the group stages.

I actually have Portugal as my quiet underdog pick as much as I would hate to see CR win an international trophy. Or at least getting to the semis like last time. No way they don't make the group unless CR is injured.

I don't know but this Euros seems wide open to me. No one stands out as a dominant force. Germany looks weaker than 2014 and have a history of bottling it. Spain is done under VDB and his outdated tactics and irregular picks. France look good on paper but I wouldn't trust them to win the whole thing. Still too young of a team. Will be ready in 2018 though. England will accomplish nothing as usual. And Belgium will look good on paper but crash out as usual. Croatia also strong but have an incompetent manager.

Catalan Fan

I can't see myself rooting for Italy now that there's no Verratti.
Maybe if they put Balotelli in first XI. ;)

I'm sort of feeling England can finally do something, they were lacking quality strikers, but now with Kane, Vardy, Sturridge they might surprise us all.

France is maybe logical favourite, but I don't trust their defence.

Spain don't interest me as much nowadays.

England have a few decent players with a bit of pace too, but the defence looks poor and am not convinced Roy will actually let them go for it.

I'd love to see Kane n Vardy up front with Alli in the hole behind them but that's wishful thinking on my part.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/

Mine worked out as thus:-

Round of 16:-

Switzerland vs Poland
Spain vs Iceland
England vs Turkey
Portugal vs Italy
Germany vs Wales
Belgium vs Croatia
France vs Sweden
Russia vs Austria

Quarters:-

Poland vs Spain
England vs Portugal
Germany vs Belgium
France vs Russia

Semis:-

Spain vs Portugal
Germany vs France

Final:-

Portugal vs France

Winners:-

Portugal

Carvalho and Sanches in centre midfield will be the stand outs of the tournament. Ronaldo will do his usual self and a decent back line. Portugal for me are going into the tournament very unnoticed.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/

Mine worked out as thus:-

Round of 16:-

Switzerland vs Poland
Spain vs Iceland
England vs Turkey
Portugal vs Italy
Germany vs Wales
Belgium vs Croatia
France vs Sweden
Russia vs Austria

Quarters:-

Poland vs Spain
England vs Portugal
Germany vs Belgium
France vs Russia

Semis:-

Spain vs Portugal
Germany vs France

Final:-

Portugal vs France

Winners:-

Portugal

Carvalho and Sanches in centre midfield will be the stand outs of the tournament. Ronaldo will do his usual self and a decent back line. Portugal for me are going into the tournament very unnoticed.

Well he is usually poor for Portugal in big tournaments. He's godly in qualification though.

Nucky

My favorites are Germany or France.. First as current World Champions with probably the best team, France as organizators of the tournament and many top class young players.. I wouldn't write off Spain either though they failed to reach knockout stage in World Cup 2014.. 1.Germany 2. France 3. Spain

Anyone who follows the French team able to give info on likely starting eleven?

Again for FF looking for tips on who will likely get goals assists. What defence will likely be etc?

Will Payet play if fit? Martial?

It depends on the formation which pple arent sure about. Possibly a 4 3 3 with gignac flanked by martial and griezmann, or griez in the center and payet on the right. Kante matuidi pogba midfield. Varane and koscielny in defense. Who cares about the fullbacks.

gasgas

I prefer a France Germany Final.
Spain will exit earlier
Portugal will reach quarters, then either leave or barely make it to the semis.

Hopefully france play
Kante. Matuidi
Pogba
Griez. Martial payet/coman

Home of Barca Fans