1 0.92%
  • Croatia

7 6.42%
  • Other

5 4.59%
Page 2 of 240 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016

france to beat germany in the final.

I'm rooting for Albania and Spain, although France will have the best chance of all to win this one.

Spain will face France/Germany in the final. And lose.

It is known.

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/

Mine worked out as thus:-

Round of 16:-

Switzerland vs Poland
    Spain vs Iceland
    England vs Turkey
    Portugal vs Italy
    Germany vs Wales
    Belgium vs Croatia
    France vs Sweden
    Russia vs Austria

Quarters:-

Poland vs Spain
    England vs Portugal
    Germany vs Belgium
    France vs Russia

Semis:-

Spain vs Portugal
    Germany vs France

Final:-

Portugal vs France

Winners:-

Portugal

Carvalho and Sanches in centre midfield will be the stand outs of the tournament. Ronaldo will do his usual self and a decent back line. Portugal for me are going into the tournament very unnoticed.
    You think Portugal will win the tournament beating Italy, England, Spain and France? I think you are overrating them a lot.

Portugal will naturally go past the group stage, and maybe reach the quarters. But no further.
    Last edited by Alik; 21st May 2016 at 08:27 PM.

Anybody planning on going to any games/fan parks in france this summer?

@El Flaco

Do you think Ibra/Guidetti will be paired together? I would prefer that over Berg

I am Leg End
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Spain will face France/Germany in the final. And lose.

It is known.

You think Portugal will win the tournament beating Italy, England, Spain and France? I think you are overrating them a lot.

Portugal will naturally go past the group stage, and maybe reach the quarters. But no further.
    Yes. Although I think the final is a toss of a coin. But they only lost to Spain via penalties 4 years ago (a vastly superior spain team to this one), Italy I can see them getting past and England will do nothing under Hodgson and will choke as per usual.

As I said it's not that I fancy them greatly but they are going very unnoticed and with that central midfield pairing, combined with Ronaldo up top, and an experienced and game intelligent back 4 (especially in tournament football) they can go very far.

I'd still say France are favourites due to their team, home advantage and how the draw works out for them.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

Won't watch Euro until the QF and after that only if there are interesting games, which looks more likely like a big no. National Teams are getting less important each year.

Simply seems so boring and uninteresting to spend 2 weeks to see 8 teams out of the competition.

At least if they accepted teams like these, make it competitive, like only group winners and best 2 2nd place go further. This is a total joke.

I will watch more games from Copa America even if late at night.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    Won't watch Euro until the QF and after that only if there are interesting games, which looks more likely like a big no. National Teams are getting less important each year.

Simply seems so boring and uninteresting to spend 2 weeks to see 8 teams out of the competition.

At least if they accepted teams like these, make it competitive, like only group winners and best 2 2nd place go further. This is a total joke.

I will watch more games from Copa America even if late at night.
    Where are you from? I follow matches as much as I can. Obviously, I do skip easier match-ups but still enjoy every tournament. 4 years in between Euros makes me appreciate it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by BenRobbins View Post
    Anybody planning on going to any games/fan parks in france this summer?
    Am going with a few mates, it will be the last EURO's in one country so we thought fuck it, let's go.Gonna be based around Bergerac for 2 weeks and take in a couple of games in Bordeaux.

Although most of the time we'll be watching the games at our villa/local bars which in the current climate is not a bad thing as we're based in a rural area.
    Team Arda !

My mother is french, so I'll be rooting for france.

#SayNoToRacism

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    Yes. Although I think the final is a toss of a coin. But they only lost to Spain via penalties 4 years ago (a vastly superior spain team to this one), Italy I can see them getting past and England will do nothing under Hodgson and will choke as per usual.

As I said it's not that I fancy them greatly but they are going very unnoticed and with that central midfield pairing, combined with Ronaldo up top, and an experienced and game intelligent back 4 (especially in tournament football) they can go very far.

I'd still say France are favourites due to their team, home advantage and how the draw works out for them.
    I agree, I can see Portugal going far too. Have them losing against Spain in the semis now.

My prediction is as follows:

Group A
    France
    Switzerland
    Romania
    Albania

Group B
    England
    Russia
    Wales
    Slovakia

Group C
    Germany
    Poland
    Ukraine
    Northern Ireland

Group D
    Spain
    Croatia
    Turkey
    Czech Republic

Group E
    Italy
    Belgium
    Sweden
    Ireland

Group F
    Portugal
    Austria
    Iceland
    Hungary

Round of 16
    Switzerland v Poland
    Spain v Sweden
    England v Turkey
    Portugal v Belgium
    Germany v Wales
    Italy v Croatia
    France v Ukraine
    Russia v Austria

Quarter Finals
    Switzerland v Spain
    England v Portugal
    Germany v Italy
    France v Austria

Semi Finals
    Spain v Portugal
    Germany v France

Final
    Spain v France

Champions
    France

I don't find it easy to predict due to there being of lot of really average teams imo. Spain have the best players, but Del Bosque will not get the most out of them imo. Can still see them win it, but can see them dropping out in the semis or so as well.

It's such a shame my own country doesn't participate this year....I find myself being not very excited about the Euros, and that never happens when we do participate.
    Last edited by Jesse1509; 6th June 2016 at 01:05 PM.

I recon France, Germany and Spain will make the semi's and be joined by either Portugal/Belgium/England.

Put a few quid on those permutations anyways ! With possibly France to win it.
    Team Arda !

Killahead
    The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has confirmed the appointment of Giampiero Ventura as new national team coach after Euro 2016.
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Voted France too. Can't say I like them but they won the last tournament as hosts and have enough hungry (Griezmann, Kante, Pogba...) and inform players to win it.

Estonian Culé
    Rooting for Iceland and Spain