• Sweden

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Alik

Spain will face France/Germany in the final. And lose.

It is known.

http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/

Mine worked out as thus:-

Round of 16:-

Switzerland vs Poland
Spain vs Iceland
England vs Turkey
Portugal vs Italy
Germany vs Wales
Belgium vs Croatia
France vs Sweden
Russia vs Austria

Quarters:-

Poland vs Spain
England vs Portugal
Germany vs Belgium
France vs Russia

Semis:-

Spain vs Portugal
Germany vs France

Final:-

Portugal vs France

Winners:-

Portugal

Carvalho and Sanches in centre midfield will be the stand outs of the tournament. Ronaldo will do his usual self and a decent back line. Portugal for me are going into the tournament very unnoticed.

You think Portugal will win the tournament beating Italy, England, Spain and France? I think you are overrating them a lot.

Portugal will naturally go past the group stage, and maybe reach the quarters. But no further.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Spain will face France/Germany in the final. And lose.

It is known.

You think Portugal will win the tournament beating Italy, England, Spain and France? I think you are overrating them a lot.

Portugal will naturally go past the group stage, and maybe reach the quarters. But no further.

Yes. Although I think the final is a toss of a coin. But they only lost to Spain via penalties 4 years ago (a vastly superior spain team to this one), Italy I can see them getting past and England will do nothing under Hodgson and will choke as per usual.

As I said it's not that I fancy them greatly but they are going very unnoticed and with that central midfield pairing, combined with Ronaldo up top, and an experienced and game intelligent back 4 (especially in tournament football) they can go very far.

I'd still say France are favourites due to their team, home advantage and how the draw works out for them.

Pablo Escobar

Won't watch Euro until the QF and after that only if there are interesting games, which looks more likely like a big no. National Teams are getting less important each year.

Simply seems so boring and uninteresting to spend 2 weeks to see 8 teams out of the competition.

At least if they accepted teams like these, make it competitive, like only group winners and best 2 2nd place go further. This is a total joke.

I will watch more games from Copa America even if late at night.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Won't watch Euro until the QF and after that only if there are interesting games, which looks more likely like a big no. National Teams are getting less important each year.

Simply seems so boring and uninteresting to spend 2 weeks to see 8 teams out of the competition.

At least if they accepted teams like these, make it competitive, like only group winners and best 2 2nd place go further. This is a total joke.

I will watch more games from Copa America even if late at night.

Where are you from? I follow matches as much as I can. Obviously, I do skip easier match-ups but still enjoy every tournament. 4 years in between Euros makes me appreciate it even more.

Catalan Fan

Anybody planning on going to any games/fan parks in france this summer?

Am going with a few mates, it will be the last EURO's in one country so we thought fuck it, let's go.Gonna be based around Bergerac for 2 weeks and take in a couple of games in Bordeaux.

Although most of the time we'll be watching the games at our villa/local bars which in the current climate is not a bad thing as we're based in a rural area.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Yes. Although I think the final is a toss of a coin. But they only lost to Spain via penalties 4 years ago (a vastly superior spain team to this one), Italy I can see them getting past and England will do nothing under Hodgson and will choke as per usual.

As I said it's not that I fancy them greatly but they are going very unnoticed and with that central midfield pairing, combined with Ronaldo up top, and an experienced and game intelligent back 4 (especially in tournament football) they can go very far.

I'd still say France are favourites due to their team, home advantage and how the draw works out for them.

I agree, I can see Portugal going far too. Have them losing against Spain in the semis now.

My prediction is as follows:

Group A
France
Switzerland
Romania
Albania

Group B
England
Russia
Wales
Slovakia

Group C
Germany
Poland
Ukraine
Northern Ireland

Group D
Spain
Croatia
Turkey
Czech Republic

Group E
Italy
Belgium
Sweden
Ireland

Group F
Portugal
Austria
Iceland
Hungary

Round of 16
Switzerland v Poland
Spain v Sweden
England v Turkey
Portugal v Belgium
Germany v Wales
Italy v Croatia
France v Ukraine
Russia v Austria

Quarter Finals
Switzerland v Spain
England v Portugal
Germany v Italy
France v Austria

Semi Finals
Spain v Portugal
Germany v France

Final
Spain v France

Champions
France

I don't find it easy to predict due to there being of lot of really average teams imo. Spain have the best players, but Del Bosque will not get the most out of them imo. Can still see them win it, but can see them dropping out in the semis or so as well.

It's such a shame my own country doesn't participate this year....I find myself being not very excited about the Euros, and that never happens when we do participate.

Last edited:

Catalan Fan

I recon France, Germany and Spain will make the semi's and be joined by either Portugal/Belgium/England.

Put a few quid on those permutations anyways ! With possibly France to win it.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has confirmed the appointment of Giampiero Ventura as new national team coach after Euro 2016.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Voted France too. Can't say I like them but they won the last tournament as hosts and have enough hungry (Griezmann, Kante, Pogba...) and inform players to win it.

Home of Barca Fans