• Sweden

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

spark

I feel like I've fallen into the twilight zone reading these headlines. Portugal finishes 3rd in a group behind HUNGARY and **ICELAND**... and they're being praised?

It's like a flash back to when they narrowly qualified for the world cup.

Then you read an article about how Cristiano "saved" Portugal? Saved from what? The pitiful results, the missed chances and penalties? Did we forget he was a part of their failure in the first place?

The only thing that saved Portugal was this pathetic 24 team round only eliminating 8 teams.

I mean my god,the greatest player in the world is a success because he scored on Hungary (but still finished behind them and ICELAND) ? I know we've had years of this delusional coverage. But this is getting to an insane level. They're really grasping at straws now to maintain the illusion.

We live in a world where comebacks against Sweden and Hungary are more heralded than getting your country to finals.

Iceland - austria : yet another game where i bet on a draw. There's no words to describe it at this point :lol: i'd be 1st by far in my office rankings if only half of these late goal games went my way.

Really stoked for Iceland though, what a story for them.

Morten

Hope the teams take it fairly easy on each other, so there will be no big injuries on Modric/Ronaldo. I domt care that much for either teams, its Wales/Iceland for me.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If arguably the worst team in the tournament can put 3 goals past Portugal and create several other great chances, I reckon Croatia will demolish them. Hope Rakitic gets a goal too.

Yannik

If arguably the worst team in the tournament can put 3 goals past Portugal and create several other great chances, I reckon Croatia will demolish them. Hope Rakitic gets a goal too.

Hungary is far from the worst team in the Euros though.

JamDav1982

I think Portugal have a decent chance of beating Croatia.

Croatia will try to dominate the ball in midfield and it could allow Portugal to hit them on the break.

Not convinced by the Croatia defence to cope with that.

Hope I am wrong and Croatia knock them out but think it will be a lot closer than you are saying.

BBZ8800

Why is Hungary the worst team?
They scored 6 goals.

Croatia:Hungary 1:1 in a friendly before Euros

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hungary is far from the worst team in the Euros though.

On paper, they are by far the worst team. Most of their players playing in the Hungarian league for around 2000€ a month. Dzsudzsák deserves a Ballon d'Or for carrying them just as much as Bale with Wales.

Home of Barca Fans