Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Horatio

You're welcome
Sweden or Ireland has to win for Turkey to be eliminated. If both win Belgium will be eliminated along with Turkey. Belgium getting eliminated will be really funny.

I would know that unlike any other. But that's not what he said. He said that if Iceland played 1-1 Albania and Turkey are out.

Yannik

3rd.png

group_e.png

If Ireland land wins then Turkey is 100% out

If Sweden wins with less than 3 goals difference, then Turkey are also out

BBZ8800

I would know that unlike any other. But that's not what he said. He said that if Iceland played 1-1 Albania and Turkey are out.

Sorry, my post was a reply to Escobar's post that both Iceland and Austria would get knocked out with a draw, and how it was good that at least one of them scored.
I said that Iceland wouldn't get knocked out even at 1:1, and I wanted to say: since even then they had at least two 3rd placed teams with less points than them in Albania and Turkey.

Then you replied that Turkey is not out.

So, you see, it was a misunderstanding, I needed to explain better.

Turkey is not in/out yet.
They can promote as the 4th 3rd placed team or get knocked out as 5th 3rd placed team, depending on how Group E will finish tonight.

My original point in that post was that Iceland was "in" both at 1:1 and 2:1.

Horatio

You're welcome
Sorry, my post was a reply to Escobar's post that both Iceland and Austria would get knocked out with a draw, and how it was good that at least one of them scored.
I said that Iceland wouldn't get knocked out even at 1:1, and I wanted to say: since even then they had at least two 3rd placed teams with less points than them in Albania and Turkey.

Then you replied that Turkey is not out.

So, you see, it was a misunderstanding, I needed to explain better.

Turkey is not in/out yet.
They can promote as the 4th 3rd placed team or get knocked out as 5th 3rd placed team, depending on how Group E will finish tonight.

Okay. You are forgiven.

Autumn

I feel like I've fallen into the twilight zone reading these headlines. Portugal finishes 3rd in a group behind HUNGARY and **ICELAND**... and they're being praised?

It's like a flash back to when they narrowly qualified for the world cup.

Then you read an article about how Cristiano "saved" Portugal? Saved from what? The pitiful results, the missed chances and penalties? Did we forget he was a part of their failure in the first place?

The only thing that saved Portugal was this pathetic 24 team round only eliminating 8 teams.

I mean my god,the greatest player in the world is a success because he scored on Hungary (but still finished behind them and ICELAND) ? I know we've had years of this delusional coverage. But this is getting to an insane level. They're really grasping at straws now to maintain the illusion.

Morten

I feel like I've fallen into the twilight zone reading these headlines. Portugal finishes 3rd in a group behind HUNGARY and **ICELAND**... and they're being praised?

Then you read an article about how Cristiano "saved" Portugal? Saved from what? The pitiful results, the missed chances and penalties? Did we forget he was a part of their failure in the first place?

The only thing that saved Portugal was this pathetic 24 team round only eliminating 8 teams.

I mean my god,the greatest player in the world is a success because he scored on Hungary (but still finished behind them and ICELAND) ? I know we've had years of this delusional coverage. But this is getting to an insane level. They're really grasping at straws now to maintain the illusion.
Even when Ronaldo scores and gives assists, its never enough, always a reason to hate :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer

He is still the reason why they qualified for next round. It is not some great achievement but he delivered when his team needed him. He doesn't do that very often though. He did deliver against Wolfsburg and Roma too, real were in bad shape and he did good. But they are still Roma and Wolfsburg, not great teams again. This is the recent trend of his performances, he became old and his level dropped a little but conserves especially for these moments and also the motivation to be the best helps. But he can not do that against big teams because neither will he get chances to score nor create chances for someone to score. Even the hattrick against Sweden falls under this category. That one won him the Ballon D'or.

Home of Barca Fans