Mauricio Lemos

udlaspalmas662x372c_29144406cd_mg_7487.jpg

Full Name: Paolo Mauricio Lemos Merladett

Date of birth: December 28,1995

Place of birth: Rivera, Uruguay

Height: 1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)

Position: Centre back

Current Club: Las Palmas (On Loan from Rubin Kazan )​

With Rumors of a 4+8 Bid Turned down for this young CB I thought I would start a thread. According to Sport, he's great on the ball and Calm under pressure. Las Palmas to my understanding already have used the 1.9 Million buy Option included on the loan which effectively pushed his buy out clause to 30 Million.

according to Canarias7 He's willing to Continue negotiating with Barcelona, But he's willing to stay put at Las Palmas also if a deal can't be reached.

khaled_a_d

1-this is a sort of surprising rumor that came out of nowhere ,not sure if it is trustworthy with its source from local media there and Catalan media just picked it up.Might turn to another Ben Arafa rumor that at point they made it looked like done deal
2-I hope if we buy him he isn't another Caceres

Jombi

I dont get it. Las Palmas just exercised their buy option so why are we into him now? He has hardly played as well. Smells like some type of Barca B transfer in terms of the oddness of it.

xXKonan

I don't think this will be a Barca B signing if we do buy him.

If we buy him he will likely remain at Las Palmas for the game time and Development. It's one of those deals the Club will sign for Cheap and hope he turns out to be a Gem. but in this case I just don't see Las Palmas Budging from that 30 Million Buyout clause.

From what I've read and seen, he's been solid in the games he got to play but he's still Raw. It's worth a punt if we could get him far less than his Buyout clause but if not, just move on to other targets.

khaled_a_d

Yeah,no way he is Barca B signing .he is one of the highly rated young defenders in Liga already .he won't come to 3rd division Barca B
From what I've read he is sort of Barca style of defender ,very athletic and good with the ball .add that to his good height(listed 1,84 on some sites & 1,86 on others) and age he look like a cheap bargain .a buy & loan type of deal
Also ,since he moved he was availabe in 14 games and played 10 of them .so not really "hardly played"
That said ,it source is coming from Las Palmas .could be just another agent/club linking his player to Barca to raise his value
And no way Las Palmas ask for 30M . they know that themselves

xXKonan

From reading the original article they make it sound like Las Palmas is willing to listen to anything north of 13 Million.

I was reading a Las Palmas fan forum, and like you expect they don't want to sell him. although some are not opposed to settling for Money+Sandro (considering Sandro is from Las Palmas and spent 7 years in their academy).

I was also reading the MD write up and we have been following him for awhile now. I guess his performances for Las Palmas is probably the reason we are supposedly making a move for him. (or his agent is trying to drum up offers).

Messi983

Don't know about that. Depend on the true level of interest in Sandro. If there are really EPL clubs willing to pay 10M for him then I'd sell him there. It's also a guestion if Sandro is willing to return home (I believe LP would be a good club for him to get his career back on track, but I don't know what he's thinking) or if he wants a chance to prove himself in a bigger club. Also, Las Palmas already have a pretty good striker in Willian Jose and also Araujo. They could sell one of them though.

I think that 4+8M offer for Lemos is pretty good. He didn't really prove too much so far but has talent. Maybe we can raise that to around 6+10M and also loan him back for one season to get him regular playing time. But at the same time I'd also sound up Sporting what they want for Mere. They need money more than Las Palmas and Lucho also has connections with Abelardo and the club.

Anyway, I'm happy to see all those rumours about us looking to sign 2 younger CBs. One more experienced who can get straight into rotation with Masche (and eventually replace him), Pique and Mathieu and one a bit more raw who'll probably need at least a season out on loan but can then return to possible replace Mathieu next summer as our 4th CB and a season later maybe take Mascherano role if he leaves in 2018.

We'll see how everything will work out but I really hope that's our plan.

Messi983

They also rejected 20M bid from some Serie A club (Palermo if I remember correctly) for Araujo last summer after he scored 25 goals in Segunda and they executed their buy clause from Boca, similar as they did now with Lemos. And then Araujo didn't play much this season because they changed coach and Setien prefered Willian Jose. Now Araujo's value has probably go down for at least a half. Maybe they learned something and will try to get something for Lemos when they can.

On the other hand, he just signed longterm contract and is happy there so they don't need to sell. If he develops as they hope he will they can sell him for his release clause (or at least close to that) in a year or two. If not they'll probably lose some money they could get from us this season but will keep him longterm as he'll probably still be good enough for them even if top clubs won't show much interest. So basically a win-win situation for Las Palmas. We'll see how much we want him if we improve our offer enough to convince them to sell. That's IF we are truly interested and his agent isn't just using Barça to get interest in him up.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I highly doubt a Serie A club made 20M offer for Araujo .sounds like another media/agent PS at that time tbf.
Also release clauses are rarely used .only clubs who doesn't need money like Barca/RM/Bilbao would force clubs to pay it for the players they like .might add Sociedad and to less extent A.Madrid

But most clubs realised that buyout is unrealistic . highly doubt that Las Palmas are delusional enough to think they can get anything more than a 20M for a CB playing for them .may be if somehow they made it to top 4 next season and he was their prized defender they will .but for now it look highly unlikely tbh.Sociedad has been waiting for someone to pay same release clause for Iñigo Martínez for like 4 years now and didn't happen..

Will be interesting to see how things is gonna work .right now it seems Robert is a guy who wolds his card close at least for now and there is so little info about our transfer targets except for may be Gameiro . most of news come from the clubs we are rumored to have interest in like Lemos

Messi983

I highly doubt a Serie A club made 20M offer for Araujo .sounds like another media/agent PS at that time tbf.

Palermo sell Dybala to Juventus last season so they had money and Araujo is similar type of player (not nearly as good of course) so I could see they were really interested in him as Dybala's replacement. Of course that 20M bid could be 10+10M or something like that with a lot of clauses included and they would sell him if they'd get 20M in front.

Adversus

Apparently he has been linked to us today. I can't imagine we are serious given the fact we don't have a manager. Stinks of using us to up the price.

Is he any good?

khaled_a_d

Apparently he has been linked to us today. I can't imagine we are serious given the fact we don't have a manager. Stinks of using us to up the price.

Is he any good?

Doubt anyone here really noticed him much tbh .although Las Palmas are good team you can imagine that not so many watch them in their 1st season in Liga tbf
But from someone on twitter who is fan of them say he is good ,athletic with good on ball ability .how good is really I don't know though

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans