Mauricio Lemos

xXKonan

Bueno still has a ways to go before getting some game time for the first team. Well what will work in Marlon's favor a bit is the unknown futures of Mascherano and Mathieu, it seems a given at this rate Mathieu could be gone in the summer and Mascherano is probably thinking the same.

even with those two gone we would still need another CB even if you add Marlon. Davinson-Marlon could be the two CB's who will end up replace both Masche and Mathieu.

El Flaco

Mauricio Lemos on rejecting Barça last summer during an interview for La Republica

The sporting director [Robert Fernandez] told me [Barca] were interested and that they were willing to give me an opportunity-.

But I was in contract talks with Las Palmas because I was only on loan from Rubin Kazan [with an option to buy] and if I didn't sort things out I'd have had to go back to Russia. It was a tough summer. I didn't know where my future would be.

I spoke about it with my family and decided not to go [to Barcelona]. I felt it was for the best. Many players go due to the name of the club, but what are they going for? If one day I move to a big club like that, my intention is to be a regular.

Lemos says money had nothing to do with this decision

The offer didn't convince me. We weren't talking about money, strictly football -- I am not thinking about money right now, just about growing as a player.

I came from Russia to a team where I can do that. Las Palmas gives me the opportunity to show what I can do. I want to keep getting better and if I go to another team, it will be to keep playing and getting minutes.

Lemos having no regrets for turning down the chance to join Barça.

Of course, I know they're a great team and any player would want to play there, but sometimes you have to leave to one side what the team represents and think about yourself.

I knew that at Barcelona I wouldn't get minutes. I don't have any regrets. I made my decision and I stand by it. It's my future and I am going to write it myself.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3123149/las-palmas-mauricio-lemos-i-rejected-barcelona-move-last-summer

xXKonan

If I remember correctly we seriously thought about buying two CB's for the first team last summer, but only one would have stayed while the other went on loan. Umtiti, replaced Bartra and eventually became a starter. and Lemos who's was younger than Umtiti and more Raw would stay on loan for a season or two as Masche and Mathieu are already aging.

xXKonan

Seen a rumor that Everton are interested in Lemos. He's one for the future no doubt, but you can see he still has a lot of work to do on the defense side but the good news is he's still young and will improve as time goes on.

xXKonan

Wtf happened to him? He looked great last year.
He cannot defend very well on a consistent basis and to be fair he's young and could improve but due to his flaws at defending he was moved to DM several times last season.

Great on the ball no question but his defending is sketchy.

xXKonan

remember when he was the up and coming big thing?
what ever happened to him.
He got benched by Marlon who is his teammate at Sassuolo.

Lemos is impressive with the ball with his feet but overall he's not as great as a defender. He was moved into the Midfield at times for Las Palmas because of his problems.

Home of Barca Fans