Mauricio Lemos

NeyMesSis

remember when we wnted him last summer when nobody knew him and everyone in the forum was laughing at Robert. But at the same time they are now saying that we should buy more talented unknown players and should have bought him last summer.. :lol:

xXKonan

He's definitely quality and I would love to have him here.

I hope he's still high on Robert's CB list.

Messi983

He was, but it was one of his rare defensive mistakes this season. Of course he should still improve his defending skills (which is understandable due to his age and lack of experience at top level) but otherwise I really like him. We should really buy him last summer and send him back on loan to Las Palmas.

[youtube]4j26-OWmVfo[/youtube]

Xavinho

Still prefer Lemos (he'd probably be a bit cheaper too) but like Davinson as well, so hopefully this is true.

I thought I'd reply to this in here rather than in the Transfers and Rumors thread.

As I've said before, I like Lemos, but prefer Davinson at this point. Sanchez is younger, faster, better in the air, and is as good at passing as Lemos. I've been trying to at least catch highlights of Las Palmas matches recently to watch Lemos, and for me his positioning errors are a real concern. The Leganes 3-0 Las Palmas game today was a pretty good example of what I mean.

[youtube]Z2gfF-YH394[/youtube]

Lemos completely loses his man and falls over for the second Leganes goal, and then gives Neves every opportunity to go to ground and win the penalty by running across the back of him. It was a similar story in the 5-1 loss to Athletic Club a couple of weeks ago. He was caught out of position a few times in that one too.

I'm not trying to say Davinson is faultless, because he isn't and has made a few errors of his own this season. And I'm not trying to write Lemos off, because he's still very young for a defender. But I just feel Sanchez is the better move at the moment. Both players have great potential though.

I don't think Lemos would be any cheaper either. I remember reading the president of Las Palmas had said he wouldn't sell Lemos for less than his €30 million buyout clause.

navidjaan

Pretty sure Lemos would end up in a Bartra situation and end up behind Pique because he isn't ideal to play next to him. Imo we should get more experience at the back as both Mathieu and Mascherano could leave. Umtiti-Pique will be the pairing for years to come.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I'd reply to this in here rather than in the Transfers and Rumors thread.

As I've said before, I like Lemos, but prefer Davinson at this point. Sanchez is younger, faster, better in the air, and is as good at passing as Lemos. I've been trying to at least catch highlights of Las Palmas matches recently to watch Lemos, and for me his positioning errors are a real concern. The Leganes 3-0 Las Palmas game today was a pretty good example of what I mean.

[youtube]Z2gfF-YH394[/youtube]

Lemos completely loses his man and falls over for the second Leganes goal, and then gives Neves every opportunity to go to ground and win the penalty by running across the back of him. It was a similar story in the 5-1 loss to Athletic Club a couple of weeks ago. He was caught out of position a few times in that one too.

I'm not trying to say Davinson is faultless, because he isn't and has made a few errors of his own this season. And I'm not trying to write Lemos off, because he's still very young for a defender. But I just feel Sanchez is the better move at the moment. Both players have great potential though.

I don't think Lemos would be any cheaper either. I remember reading the president of Las Palmas had said he wouldn't sell Lemos for less than his €30 million buyout clause.

I can't say I've seen enough of Davinson but surely you would agree that Lemos' La Liga experience is important for the Uruguayan's chances for signing for Barca.

Home of Barca Fans