Barca's MVP 15/16

Which player do you consider to be the most valuable in this season?

• Bravo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pique

• Mascherano

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Alves

• Alba

• Busquets

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Iniesta

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Rakitic

• Neymar

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Suarez

Votes: 56 51.9%
  • Messi

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
For me, it's a close call between Suarez and Messi. Messi still has the biggest impact on the game even if he is heavily marked. He provided those killer passes, not only assists and goals. Also, made Neymar and Suarez look even better than they are.
Shame he was injured for 2 months and went a bit missing vs. Atletico.

Suarez was a beast throughout the season. Had a bit of slump for a game or two which is normal but never gave up his fighting spirit. In the end he's our top goalscorer and assist-man while never looking selfish. I think I'll vote for him also based on just how hard it is to make it as a 9 at Barca and be this consistent for 2 seasons now.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Hands down messi, it would feel very biased and wrong to say that modric/ramos/di maria were better than cristiano during la decima inspite of him scoring much more and now say that suarez is the best just because he scored the most. He scored some acrobatic golazos but most were spoon fed tap ins.

I mean lets face it, if it was lewa or aguero or cristiano up top instead of luisito they would also be top scorers simply because messi played mostly from behind this season, feeding everyone goals and chances.
Now if we think what would happen if instead of messi it was ozil or modric or anyone else rly, well...

bismp

There is still one very important match left.Also,what's the point of the MotM thread anyway?

BBZ8800

Unfair poll.

Messi is the winner of every Barca's poll since 2007 or 2008 till today, for a reason.

You can't compare Gods and mortals.
Overall Mvp: Always Messi.
But, MVP from mortals: Luis Sukki Suarez

You can't include Messi in any poll, ever, mate.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
It's close, but without all those chances created by Messi, pre-assists and assists, him making space with his movement and dribbling, Suarez's season wouldn't be nearly as good. So in the end I pick Leo, but it's pretty much a tie for me.

raskolnikov

Messi is better but im giving the egde for Suarez unlike Messi and Neymar he did not lack heart when it mattered most this season and atleast tried to give his all.
Along with his overall contribution this season I think Suarez is our mvp.

dakt

Unfair poll.

Messi is the winner of every Barca's poll since 2007 or 2008 till today, for a reason.

You can't compare Gods and mortals.
Overall Mvp: Always Messi.
But, MVP from mortals: Luis Sukki Suarez

You can't include Messi in any poll, ever, mate.

Yeah, I agree with you BBZ8800, but since Messi is so integral to our system it's kind of boring repeating that. I should have left him out. :)
I voted for Masche only because he's longer in Barca, but same as Suarez for whom I gained massive respect, a real workhorse and sacrifice.
So glad to have both of them.

Ripsta

Messi. He's been running the show whilst Suarez has been reaping the glory Cristiano Ronaldo style.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why is Douglas not in the poll?

He is our lucky charm, so obviously he will be our MVP too.

Pepe Silvia

Suarez stepped up, as did Neymar, during Messi's absence in a world class way. Messi came back humbly as a provider at first then got his shooting boots back when it mattered. I voted Suarez.

Pepe Silvia

Hands down messi, it would feel very biased and wrong to say that modric/ramos/di maria were better than cristiano during la decima inspite of him scoring much more and now say that suarez is the best just because he scored the most. He scored some acrobatic golazos but most were spoon fed tap ins.

I mean lets face it, if it was lewa or aguero or cristiano up top instead of luisito they would also be top scorers simply because messi played mostly from behind this season, feeding everyone goals and chances.
Now if we think what would happen if instead of messi it was ozil or modric or anyone else rly, well...
By your logic Ibra and Villa, or even Alexis would have been our MVPs and they never stood out as MVP over Messi or even on par with him for a single season. Youre downplaying the quality of Luis a bit.

BarcaOG

Banned
This season: Suarez. Performed when it mattered most (first Clasico, in the quarter final tie and, crucially, at the end of the league. Without his goals we might not have clinched it--in the end, we won by one point).

Obviously this is not to say that Messi was poor; of course he was not. Messi and Suarez were our top players by a wide margin. In the end, Suarez' impact was just greater.

Darko

Suarez, the big game player for us this year, Atletico, Valencia, Arsenal, Real, Villarreal, even Las Palmas, he's been the difference in the tight and/or big games this season.
For the first time in years I felt confident even when Messi was injured.

Home of Barca Fans