Sergio Gomez

xXKonan

That's a bad look on Sergio Gomez.
I remember when everyone covering Barca/La Masia were freaking out that he was leaving, they were quick to blame the club first. But in reality it was Gomez who made this choice and by the looks of it didn't seem to care what we had to offer or what Lopez had told him.

Well good luck to his new adventure I guess.

God Serena

Kid is just another Mboula. Not everyone coming through our academy has a desire to succeed here. Nothing we could have offered either one would have made them stay. He'll probably end up playing for Betis one day. Who cares.

Messi983

I'm surprised nobody has said yet that Gerard is lying. :)

Good luck to Sergio, I usually wish all our players to succeed elsewhere when they leave (unless they are total cu*** like S. Garcia or V. Sanchez) but I've also never cried about players who didn't want to be here. Also, until now only a few players who have left around his age have really made a great career in other club(s).

Andresito

Staff member
Another one of those big talents we were so upset about losing.

But good luck to him. Can see him returning to Spain and a side like Celta or something in the future.

Messi983

The last two La Masia talents I was really upset we've lost were Iago Falque and Gai Assulin. :lol:

Didn't really care about losing talents over the last decade and none of them actually made a career in other teams where we could say we've missed out on him. And some were even brought back and given a second chance.

Sure, maybe we could get more money instead of letting most kids go for nothing/cheap but we never knew how to sell.

Home of Barca Fans