Cruyff's 3-4-3

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
3-4-3 wouldnt allow xavi and iniesta to play in the center of the pitch against harder european oppositions... in la liga, it would overload the opposition as they wouldnt know how to defend against that as overload of technical players would penetrate defences like butter cause usually in our games, we miss that extra man around opposition box.

players that would fit like a glove in this tactic would be silva (can play right and left) relieving dani and or iniesta and villa (a hard working striker)

unlike what meta thinks, i dont think we can do with another wmd... two full backs that push all the way would be suicide.

3-4-3 has the tactical advantage that it is adjustable as the defenders go dip in the direction of threat which 4-3-3 does not allow for. 3-4-3 also is capable of overloading center of the park with pure muscle for those european nights

it would be absolutely difficult to pass through

pique-marquez-puyol
guddy-toure-xavi-keita
messi-eto'o-henry

Beast

The Observer
Jatin why do i feel u tried that formation with your recommendation over FM and your are trying to advocate the idea ?

anyhow Barca play it but with a twist and working brilliantly

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Jatin why do i feel u tried that formation with your recommendation over FM and your are trying to advocate the idea ?

anyhow Barca play it but with a twist and working brilliantly

haha, no, i havent tried it in FM but you do give me an excellent idea. i enjoy tactics as i am a strategistic, and looking at barcelona's players i think this works

BigChill

My favourite players composition is :
GK Valdes
CB Puyol-Marques-Abidal
All CM Xavi-Iniesta and two more playmakers ( Erm, is Fabregas a playmaker too?? )
WF Pedro-Messi
CF David Villa

Note : Can you tell me the two optional playmakers to put aside Xavi and Iniesta ?

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
GK Valdes
CB Puyol-Marques-Abidal
All CM Xavi-Iniesta and two more playmakers ( Erm, is Fabregas a playmaker too?? )
WF Pedro-Messi
CF David Villa

Note : Can you tell me the two optional playmakers to put aside Xavi and Iniesta ?

Well, we must wait to see the new players, now from Rosell...

BigChill

I'm sorry. I finally saw the weakness of my favourite formation 'cause in the midfield line, there're no players who can penetrate the opponent's strong defense. I'm afraid that Xavi and Iniesta were not the penetrator like Zidane's type even though they were playmakers. So I must correct it.
Thank you.

veryfatchocobo

GK Valdes
CB Puyol-Marques-Abidal
WF Pedro-Messi
CF David Villa

I find the lack of Pique and a DM fairly disturbing....

R

red&blue

I love this: 5-5 formation:
---------------------Vandes-------------------------

-----Puol----------Pique--------Abidal-------------

----------Toure-------------Busquest--------------
------Xavi-------------------------------Iniesta----
----Messi-----------Ibra-------------------Villa---

sukhy

I wanna see this -

---------------------------- Valdes -------------------------
------------- Pique --------- Puyol ----------- Abidal -----
Dani Alves ---------------- Busquets ----------------------
---------------------- Xavi --------- Iniesta --------- Pedro
-------------- Messi -----------------------------------------
--------------------------------- Villa ------------------------

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I wanna see this -

---------------------------- Valdes -------------------------
------------- Pique --------- Puyol ----------- Abidal -----
Dani Alves ---------------- Busquets ----------------------
---------------------- Xavi --------- Iniesta --------- Pedro
-------------- Messi -----------------------------------------
--------------------------------- Villa ------------------------

Patience and you will my friend

My take would be to field a 1-2-1-2-1-2-1 formation as a variant on the 3-4-3; the twist is that there would be 0 fullbacks & 2 DM

IMO it could be brilliant for us; but I think we need lots of readjustments to make it fit.

In an ideal world that's how it would look like:

-------------------- Valdes --------------------

-------------------- Pique ---------------------
--------- Chielleni ---------- Puyol ----------
-------------------- Xavi -----------------------
--------- Mascherano------ Busquets-------
-------------------- Pastore -------------------
----------- Messi ------------ Pato------------
------------------- Torres ----------------------

I tried to keep it to current players that we already have + potential signings that have been linked to us// are realistic enough to be contemplated.
But one could always replace Chielleni//Pastore//Pato//Torres with Millito//Iniesta//Pedro//Villa. I think it would still work fine if we could replace Milito with a more solid player; but then it seems that Pep has been already forking a bit with the 3-4-3 so we will see what the future holds for it.

Last edited:
S

Solrac

I love reading what everyone has said. "House of files" I saw that the way you had the 4 in the middle on your chart was different, than how Cruijff had them. He used the 4 in the middle as a diamond in the middle. If you get a chance, find this on youtube, "Cruijff legt de ruit uit" if you can't speak Dutch just watch what he draws on the chart starting at 3:30.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans