xXKonan

Wendell

wendell-cropped_m3yrathojn6r1va2dc4ak5mei.jpg

Date of birth: July 20,1993

Place of birth: Fortaleza, Brazil

Height: 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)

Position: Left back

Current Club: Bayer Leverkusen​

According to Francesc Aguilar at Mundo Deportivo Wendell is our Primary Fullback target for the Summer transfer window. so I thought I would start a thread about Wendell.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers.
How much would he cost?
I'd prefer a Spanish/Catalan LB if we are only going for a backup.

xXKonan

Cheers.
How much would he cost?
I'd prefer a Spanish/Catalan LB if we are only going for a backup.
Aguilar says he would cost from 10 and 15 million Euros and I've seen other reports he could cost 30-40 million euros.

Certainly not remotely worth 30-40 Million Euros but if he indeed cost from 10-20 Million Euros it would be worth a punt.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
10-15 would be alright but doesn't sound plausible. Unless bis contract is expiring next year.

JamDav1982

Watched him three times in CL this season and thought he looked poor.

Could well have been a few bad games or my bad judgement but did not look great at all.

J

Jamie Cal

10-15 would be alright but doesn't sound plausible. Unless bis contract is expiring next year.

He's 2 years into a 5 year contract. As for Catalan, we could have (/should have) just kept Muniesa.

J

Jamie Cal

Muniesa is nowhere near the quality needed as a CB and Adriano would be a better LB let alone Mathieu.

D'ya reckon? I haven't watched him a lot, but he seems to play quite a lot of games for a top 10 side. I watched them against City at the weekend and thought he looked alright at left back.

I don't think he'll come back or even particularly want him back, but I wouldn't of been against keeping him instead of signing Verm as a backup.

JamDav1982

D'ya reckon? I haven't watched him a lot, but he seems to play quite a lot of games for a top 10 side. I watched them against City at the weekend and thought he looked alright at left back.

I don't think he'll come back or even particularly want him back, but I wouldn't of been against keeping him instead of signing Verm as a backup.

Not all his fault but he has played LB in past few games where they have let in four in each. He is behind Eric Pieters for that position who himself is nowhere near the type of player who could play at Barca.

I wouldnt have him anywhere near this Barca squad on ability. If the option is an alternative to Verm due to his injuries then there must be loads of better choices.

J

Jamie Cal

Not all his fault but he has played LB in past few games where they have let in four in each. He is behind Eric Pieters for that position who himself is nowhere near the type of player who could play at Barca.

I wouldnt have him anywhere near this Barca squad on ability. If the option is an alternative to Verm due to his injuries then there must be loads of better choices.

Oh yeah, I agree. I was going off Bojan saying "Spainish/Catalan". The only other Catalan I can think of is De La Bella at Sociedad who is iffy, and Planas who I'd say the same as I said about Muniesa.

Though I won't defend Muniesa on those 4-0s, Stoke are as on the beach as on the beach can be.

Yannik

There won't be no reasonable fee, you'd probably expect your casual PL team to go all in on whatever young, decent fullback they spot on the market. He'd start at 20m or 25m at least, that is before the PL deal completely fucks the market

Home of Barca Fans