Kalidou Koulibaly

Givenchy

80-100mil for a 28 y.o CB? hell no for me

theres a chance he could be a VVD-style signing for us but even in this market, i'd never pay that much for a CB. especially considering we need to spend big on a Suarez replacement soon. imo we need to move away from galactico signings and go back to our roots

FinBarcelonafan

80-100mil for a 28 y.o CB? hell no for me

theres a chance he could be a VVD-style signing for us but even in this market, i'd never pay that much for a CB. especially considering we need to spend big on a Suarez replacement soon. imo we need to move away from galactico signings and go back to our roots

LaMasia golden generation was once in a lifetime opportunity. I doubt we will ever be able replicate that. Last player to come from LaMasia.. Sergi Roberto. How sad is that?

But I do think LaMasia is in shambles and should be fixed. We need to produce the best talent in the world if we want to remain as one of the club's in the world.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With Napoli signing a couple of defenders I wonder if they're preparing to sell him.

Barca really need a consistent World Class CB.

My number 1 choice for centre back. His only weakness is his positioning which comes with experience. Therefore we are likely to see his best years in the next 4-5 years.

70m for a top 3 centre back in the world for the next 5 years? No brainer.

DonAK

Barca desperately need a new leader in the backline. They need to move on from Pique.

There's no one better than Koulibaly to step into that role.

Andrew M

Barca desperately need a new leader in the backline. They need to move on from Pique.

There's no one better than Koulibaly to step into that role.

But he'll be 29 in June and Napoli don't just give players away. A pass from me

DonAK

But he'll be 29 in June and Napoli don't just give players away. A pass from me

Age is a concern, but he could still be great for another 3-4 years.

I don't see other players who can step in and take the lead. We probably need two CBs, but expecting two younger CBs to come on and take the lead would be a mistake.

Home of Barca Fans