Do you want Gameiro?

Do you want Gameiro?

• Total voters

Messi983

If we are going for someone that age I'd rather just buy back Pedro.

So no.

We need backup for Suarez more than backup wingers.

Well, firstly, we definitely need someone. Spending money on a prospect like Sane, regardless what you think of his ability, will probably cost 30 million and upwards. We can't afford it.

Gameiro is relatively cheap, proven, dependable, and most crucially would be signed knowing his status in the squad. He has 24 goals this season when Sevilla haven't been great for large parts, so you can't act like he's a nobody.

We need someone who is gonna give us 2 or 3 years of being a dependable back up while the next gen of younger guys develop whilst maintaining squad harmony. He'd be plenty adequate. So yes.

Great post, totally agree.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Says who he will be cheap? 20m + one of our future bright prospects Halilovic is not cheap at all. Getting immediate relief at the expense of future growth is stupid.

Antimadridista1

If we are going for someone that age I'd rather just buy back Pedro.

So no.

Gameiro is a 9, Pedro is a winger. There's no comparison.

We definitely need a back up but I don't know if Gameiro is the best option.
He is proven in La Liga though, could help us a lot when we have to rotate MSN btw CL knock-out stages next year.

gasgas

Just get pedro back if you want a backup forward.
He can rest any of msn like he did last season when he took suarez place

khaled_a_d

For me it isn't a simple Yes/No question
Is he the one I want him for our attack? No
Is he someone I want him away from our club? still No
Gameiro is good ,fast no9 who can also play on the left if needed .sort of Villa back in the day when he operated on the LWF .he is a player who fits Lucho system and the team and would provide us with someone we lacked after Pedro .
I had said it in another post ,when Pedro was here Neymar & Suarez got way bigger rest because of him .they knew there was a 4th attacker who deserved his minutes and they had to shut the fuck up b/c of it . Gameiro would provide that
His age on Paper isn't that bad ,at 29 he can give us 3-4 solid years easily .

But on the other hand ,while 29 isn't that old ,is is as old as half of the team . Teams need variety in age for both the short & long term
The age variety in the team right now is players born in 1983/1984 and players born in 1987/1988 ..Alba & Vidal are slightly younger (born in 1989) but the only players who are big parts of the team and younger are Roberto/Neymar & MATS
So having 3 attackers out of 4 who are exactly same age and relatively old isn't really the way to go
Also the price is a bit high ,20M + Halilovic with 10M buyback? that is basically 30M for him ..just way too much tbh

That said ,I don't really know what better alternatives is there ,everybody love the new young sensations like Dembele .but those are costly and would rarely make an instant impact we need for the 4th attacker (never mind pushing MSN for little rest)
The best option seem like someone in his early 20's who is already good enough but not so costly .can't think of someone like that right now .quit frankly last year players like Dybala,Vietto & Carasssco could have all fit the description .can't say I've someone in my head who are good as those

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Problem is that players, especially forwards, who have proven themselves and are in their early 20s are the sort that everyone is after hence why they come with an astronomical price tag

J

Jamie Cal

It wouldn't get in the way of the next gen - when I say "next gen" I'm talking about guys like Lee, Alena etc. who are at least 2/3 years away. Halilovic also needs at least one more year away.

Sandro is going to go regardless, and there will be still be need for Munir; the point is to fill out the squad.

As for bringing back Pedro -- his ship has sailed. He left for first team football and we have to respect that. To bring him back now would just be giving him a comfy bed to retire in. If we're looking at a Masia product, then Nolito is the guy, and we'd be perfectly happy with him too.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I would rather have Natalie Portman.

But seriously though it will just be another useless signing i think.

Alarcón

We don't have 80 million to spend in every single position. If we get other players, Gameiro is the best we could hope for as a striker - someone who is good enough to replace one of our front three and actually bring something to the table but still willing to sit most games on the bench.

Vilarrubi

Who else could we get of that level who will be willing to spend most of his time on the bench? Anyone under 28/29 who is of a decent level won't want to do that. He's been better than Pedro this season too... who else would people rather have? (Torres is ridiculous, nothing like what we need)

Vilarrubi

I would rather have Natalie Portman.

But seriously though it will just be another useless signing i think.

He definitely won't be useless.. People thought Arda would have been interchangeable with MSN at the start of the season and he hasn't started instead of them once.. so in that sense Arda was useless but we DESPERATELY need someone who can start against Granada at home for example when we have a big CL game a few days after. This hasn't happened this season because Munir and Sandro are simply not of the same level.. Pedro played 35 games last season mainly coming off the bench and starting against weaker teams while we still had MSN, that gave much needed rest for our front 3. I want Gameiro personally.

Home of Barca Fans