Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Sporting de Gijón 6-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sporting will have to attack as they need points to stay in La Liga.

Another goalfest is very possible.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Actually right now is the best time to give chance to MaTS. "Easy" match and he wants to play. Besides, Bravo would play 3 games in a week in La Liga right now, so I think he wouldn't mind.

Would love to see Turan for 45min on the LW, Bob at CM, Aleix at RB/or Douglas and Rafinha needs some time too. Wouldn't mind Bartra in the second half wither, even if we're not leading.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
We finally won a game again, the moral is high and you guys want to rotate? I could understand rotations fitness wise but there is no reason to let guys like Arda or others play just to give them some minutes. Time to show the league we are on our way to win every remaining game.
And Gijon will try to defend deep and hurt us on the counter so if they execute their plan well, we will need some patience.

Darko

Of course it's fitness wise, they were dead tired just a week ago, I doubt they all magically recovered in a few days.

A tricky fixture, in the last 5 games Sporting managed to beat Atletico, Sevilla, and get a draw against a Las Palmas side in decent form. Yes, we trashed Depor, but they did have chances while the game was at 1-0 and 2-0, so we certainly aren't flawless.

ash786

Banned
This will be an easy game and if Barcelona beat Real betis away than the last game of the season will decide if we win La liga this year...Granada away is no joke their home form is really good...I'm more worried about the betis and granada away games they should play their hearts out in those 2...Let's face it Espanyol and Sporting will be easy but the 2 away games is the problem...Hope we turn up in both...

J

Jamie Cal

[formation=barca,8]
Bravo
0-0-Pique-0-Bartra-0-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Alba>Adriano
0-0-0-Roberto-0-0-0
0-Rakitic>Arda-0-0-0-Rafinha-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi,c-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez>Munir-0-0-0
[/formation]

Disagree with this. We have to be playing our best team provided they're fit. It's not a 'give guys minutes' environment right now. Maybe Roberto could start, but that's because he's done it all season.

How could you possibly want us to drop Mascherano when he's been far and away our most consistent performer over the last month and any point drop would kill us. I'd like Bartra and Raf to get minutes too, but priorities.

Alik

Disagree with this. We have to be playing our best team provided they're fit. It's not a 'give guys minutes' environment right now. Maybe Roberto could start, but that's because he's done it all season.

How could you possibly want us to drop Mascherano when he's been far and away our most consistent performer over the last month and any point drop would kill us. I'd like Bartra and Raf to get minutes too, but priorities.

Have you noticed how our always "playing best team provided they're fit" is one of the reason why we ended up so fatigued and in turn went onto a losing streak? And now you want us to keep playing the same players all the way to the CdR final?

It's Gijon at home. Perfect opportunity to rest players that have been needing it.

Jefecito

Gala XI needed. 5 games left including Copa Final and we need to win them all.
If the scoreline allows it, then we should start thinking about "giving minutes" to some players.
"It's Gijon at home", just like it was Valencia at home last week. Games are won on the pitch by scoring goals and defending well. If everything goes well Lucho will give 3 starters some rest just like he did against Depor.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Have you noticed how our always "playing best team provided they're fit" is one of the reason why we ended up so fatigued and in turn went onto a losing streak? And now you want us to keep playing the same players all the way to the CdR final?

It's Gijon at home. Perfect opportunity to rest players that have been needing it.

Well lack of rotation was obviously our downfall, but Pique has had a week off and in a time when we've been shaky to say the least, Masch has stood up tall. I get that we all want Bartra to do well and hope he gained some confidence from Depor, but we were very susceptible to conceding up until 2-0 where they just stopped playing.

I don't think it'd be the worst decision to start him, we can probably role over Sporting like we did Depor, but taking our most consistent performer out when he's in good condition seems a little naive. Every game from now to the end of the season is a final.

That said, this should be his only chance to start from now til the end of the season, barring injury or suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans