0 Thread(s)

Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Sporting de Gijón 6-0

Date: April 23, 2016, 20:30CET

Referee: Clos Gómez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easiest fixture left, shoud be an easy 4-0 type victory without much effort, no excuses, just make it 2/5.
    6RACIES XAVI

Previously known as Mehssi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see us loosing points here tbh.

And finally the team will have a week's rest after that !!
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gijon's defense is a fucking joke all season. Plus, our team probably wants to make up for that last home game against Valencia and give the crowd a real show. I would bet on another game where all of MSN score and Suarez with another hattrick.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good that's only Sporting as this match comes soon after last night's win and we do have some fitness issues.

Hopefully another big win and we get to see Rafinha and Roberto play even more minutes.
    And how do you leave Bartra on the bench after such a good match vs. Depor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We smashed Deportivo yesterday soo I guess easy 3 points again.. We must win all matches till the end of the season.. And hope both Madrid clubs fail..

MES QUE UN CLUB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A game 3 days late when players seem tired isn't good but at least its gijon.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    I agree with this lineup. Although I would not be opposed to letting MATS play this match. Lucho seemed like he was open to the idea, and I think this is a good match to do it (Although better opportunities might be in May closer to the CdR final).

Jamie Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Disagree with this. We have to be playing our best team provided they're fit. It's not a 'give guys minutes' environment right now. Maybe Roberto could start, but that's because he's done it all season.

How could you possibly want us to drop Mascherano when he's been far and away our most consistent performer over the last month and any point drop would kill us. I'd like Bartra and Raf to get minutes too, but priorities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Cal View Post
    Disagree with this. We have to be playing our best team provided they're fit. It's not a 'give guys minutes' environment right now. Maybe Roberto could start, but that's because he's done it all season.

How could you possibly want us to drop Mascherano when he's been far and away our most consistent performer over the last month and any point drop would kill us. I'd like Bartra and Raf to get minutes too, but priorities.
    Have you noticed how our always "playing best team provided they're fit" is one of the reason why we ended up so fatigued and in turn went onto a losing streak? And now you want us to keep playing the same players all the way to the CdR final?

It's Gijon at home. Perfect opportunity to rest players that have been needing it.

Jamie Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Have you noticed how our always "playing best team provided they're fit" is one of the reason why we ended up so fatigued and in turn went onto a losing streak? And now you want us to keep playing the same players all the way to the CdR final?

It's Gijon at home. Perfect opportunity to rest players that have been needing it.
    Well lack of rotation was obviously our downfall, but Pique has had a week off and in a time when we've been shaky to say the least, Masch has stood up tall. I get that we all want Bartra to do well and hope he gained some confidence from Depor, but we were very susceptible to conceding up until 2-0 where they just stopped playing.

I don't think it'd be the worst decision to start him, we can probably role over Sporting like we did Depor, but taking our most consistent performer out when he's in good condition seems a little naive. Every game from now to the end of the season is a final.

That said, this should be his only chance to start from now til the end of the season, barring injury or suspension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked our form statistics. Before the drop last month, we had a 12 game winning series. Madrid is on a winning series right now with 8 wins, and there are 4 games to go. Atletico actually never managed to go above 4 games without dropping points this season. It's not likely that Barca, RM and AM won't drop any points until the end of the season. I am concerned especially against Espanyol. Hope we'll win the league!
    A genius, a virtuoso of a kind never seen before, playing with an orchestra that harmonizes perfectly together. That's Messi and FC Barcelona. (2011)

Previously known as Mehssi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackaL View Post
    I just checked our form statistics. Before the drop last month, we had a 12 game winning series. Madrid is on a winning series right now with 8 wins, and there are 4 games to go. Atletico actually never managed to go above 4 games without dropping points this season. It's not likely that Barca, RM and AM won't drop any points until the end of the season. I am concerned especially against Espanyol. Hope we'll win the league!
    Espanyol at Camp Nou always gets destroyed. But it will be a very thugish game on their part, as much as the ref allows, that's for sure.
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlom View Post
    Espanyol at Camp Nou always gets destroyed. But it will be a very thugish game on their part, as much as the ref allows, that's for sure.
    Yap, any normal game we'd destroy them, but I don't know if we have enough power this time (mental and physical). They'll try anything to stop us.
    A genius, a virtuoso of a kind never seen before, playing with an orchestra that harmonizes perfectly together. That's Messi and FC Barcelona. (2011)