Laureus World Sports Awards

ManusXavi

2015: Unfortunately for FC Barcelona, World Team of the Year has been voted disappointingly the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team.
You might think I'd be thrilled about this but I think that FC Barcelona should have been choosen followed by the Golden State Warriors.

Who was voting? How did the All Blacks win?

All Blacks ~ Win World Cup and lose Rugby Championship.
FC Barcelona: Win La liga, Win Copa del Rey and the Champions League for a European treble. The 8th time in 60 seasons any team has managed to achieve this. Lost 6 out of 57 matches in 2015.
Golden state Warriors - Win NBA in 2015 with the lowest amount of regular season losses since the 1999 Champions the San Antonio Spurs.

What happened to the All Blacks winning the Rugby Championship.
I would disagree if you say the rugby championship was shortened because at the end of the day Golden State and FC Barcelona 'got the job done'
The All Blacks didn't get the job done in the rugby championship and in my opinion the All Blacks achievement of just the World Cup does not overcome Golden states or FC Barcelona's achievements.

I also disagreed with the 2014 award. I felt the All Blacks should have won the 2014 award.
Bayern Munich got it. They won the treble in 2013 but beat the All Blacks who I feel deserved the 2014 award for going undefeated in 2013.
What is the difference between Bayern Munichs 2013 year and Barcelona's 2015 year. Is it because Munich lost 3 less matches?
I can't put the All Blacks 2015 ahead of All Blacks 2013

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Strange indeed. If Bayern won it in 2014, Barca should have for 2015.

It's like they are trying to rectify their mistakes with more mistakes.

ManusXavi

Strange indeed. If Bayern won it in 2014, Barca should have for 2015.

It's like they are trying to rectify their mistakes with more mistakes.

2016. The awards are at the start of the following year.
Yeah you are right it does feel like that. I mean big deal we won a 2nd world cup in a row. . .big deal. We lost the Rugby Championship. Even if we did beat Australia in that one game and go undefeated for the year it wouldn't be as big of an achievement as it was in 2013 because we played more games and a higher percentage in 2013 against good opponents. We faced 6 of the top 9 teams in all our games except 1 game.
http://www.allblacks.com/Fixtures/2013

In 2015 we had 4 games against teams outside the top 9 opponents and less games. . . .lol go figure. http://www.allblacks.com/Fixtures/2015
Barca won a treble and lost :shrug:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans