Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

khaled_a_d

He is really really short for a CB. Yes Puyol and Mascherano but they were outliers. Puyol had an insane jumping ability.

I also reading from City fans that he is slow and weak. Very worrying.

Im not too excited about this. And for 30m which is what City want hell no. 20m is also probably too much. 10m yes - low risk high reward.

Either let him stay a year in City and get him for free in 6month or City accept 5-10m now.

He has more of an average height rather than being short.
I don't think he is weak for 19 years old CB either.
But he lacks any elite physical ability, no quickness/athletic ability like Ramos/Puyol/Mascherano/Marquez or height like Pique.
I don't like rumored price, anything more than 15M is overpay IMO. F. Torres went for 25M and he is far more established and play in a position that generally cost more.
He can be good, but honestly my biggest worrying is fit. We need athletic CB in a desperate way.
The truth is Lenglet is our Pique replacement, we need an Umtiti replacement. Unless we are planning to get a new athletic CB in the near future (or think Araujo is that guy) he is bad fit.

Messi983

What are his main flaws and strenghts? Is he Pique successor in style?

He's 10-12 cm shorter (depending on different sources) and apparently not much faster than Pique. But he's a good passer and a leader. Well, at least he was in youth teams.

I dont' mind him for 10-15m or if we wait to sign him for free next season (this is probably unlikely). I wouldn't pay 25m though when we could have someone like Salisu who went to Southampton for 12m or Axel Disasi who just signed for Monaco today for 13m. They are both taller and faster/more athletic from what I've seen.

Alik

From what I've seen City fans decribe his main strengths as his passing ability and positioning. His main flaws - he's not physical, athletic, nor fast enough.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
As Pique's eventual replacement he'll be fine. We still need to buy a combative CB. Maybe Araujo/Todibo can fill that role though.

serghei

If he's not fast or strong or athletic, then we should pass. Passing is secondary in this position, and it's more likely for a fast and strong CB to up his passing game than for slow or weak players physically to become fast or strong.

We should go for more physical attributes here.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
From what I've seen City fans decribe his main strengths as his passing ability and positioning. His main flaws - he's not physical, athletic, nor fast enough.

Same criticism, almost verbatim, were levied against Pique at United when he was behind Vidic & Rio

Last edited:

kattanib

Isn?t that what a Barca CB is expected to do? Create offside traps and pass the ball instead of getting rid of it randomly and lose possession

Catta

I have a feeling he would be a good partner to Lenglet. He is not as slow and weak as people make him to be.

BBZ8800

Barca DNA it is then.

Good pasding and link up play.

Average key skills (especially with Barca DNA attackers and defenders).
Meh pace and height.
Plus a very nice guy as a person.

Same old thing on repeat.
Why changing our winning formula from 1992 and 2011?

Btw, I don't dislike Eric.
I just find it funny how our board is frozen in time.

Even in 2080', we will still buy the same type of players which worked in 1992 and 2011, lol.

Why changing our winning formula? 😉
Last 9 years were only a bad luck.
There is "nothing wrong" with our ideas.

Lautaro, Jesus, Garcia, Pjanic.
Who needs pace or athleticism?

Birdy

From the little I have seen of him, he has good skills, but no better than Tobido at the moment.
The board plans to pay 20+10 for Garcia (a player that was just let leave for City three years ago), and sell Tobido for 25.
It's mind blowing how bad they can be

*Lautaro is althetic and runs like crazy

Andresito

Staff member
The best CB's are rarely the ones who bench press the most or run the fastest. Those are secondary attributes for a CB.

mc_lovin

If he adds character and leadership+a worldclass positional game thats more than enough. Would rather have someone like him+Konate than two Konates (couldnt think of a better example). Him being born in Barcelona is a big plus, we need identification figures.

Home of Barca Fans