Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Porque

But why? Why are getting rid of a back up who rarely plays for a 20million back up who's clearly not good enough...? Why not just keep the former and search for quality CBs when we have money?

Because it is the project of a different board. No point for Bartomeu to think of next seasons planning.

Todibo has no current future here and I trust more in Eric Garcia being a good LaLiga CB from the get go, as Araujo.

If Garcia comes for a good price then I have no qualms about our options for a domestic double assault. I'm not considering us as a favourite for the CL but anything can happen if were in form end of next year.

Riordon

Just save the money and go for a proper defender next year like Soyuncu, a real commanding defender. We shouldnt get players because they are cheap when they are of no need.

Save the money and put it aside to get Soyuncu and Haaland next year.

malvolio

Just wait one year.

Umtiti will stay,we have Pique,Lenglet and Araujo.That is enough.

not pushing for this transfer, but out of that lot only pique should be a starter. umtiti is as good as dead for us. lenglet shows his shortcomings against good teams. and araujo won't even play much aside from first rounds in the cup or a meaningless CL group game.

Raketa10

do not see how he would be upgrade from Araujo/Todibo.

How do you even now what is an upgrade over Todibo and Araujo? We basically never saw them play for the first team. To be fair they might be horrible! FFS Todibo couldn't even play for Schalke. Same goes for Araujo, this kid might be OK but he might also be bellow average. And regarding Umtiti, how can you even count on him when he can't play two games in a row? He is in a worse shape than Vermalen was few years ago. I am not saying Garcia is a perfect option, far from that, but we can't rely only on Araujo as a backup for Pique and Lenglet! Imagine if only one of those two gets injured?! WTF will we do? Play De Jong as a CB?

Last edited:

Porque

How about Rudiger? Chelsea are selling him and we are reportedly interested. If we could get a loan+buy option then it might be a better option.

Andresito

Staff member
How about Rudiger? Chelsea are selling him and we are reportedly interested. If we could get a loan+buy option then it might be a better option.

Nah. Says plenty if Chelsea with their horrible defence want to get rid of him.

Andresito

Staff member
Not a bad player. Just out of form after the last injury and now out of favour. Contract up 2022 so Chelsea probably favour an escape plan this summer.

He'll never get the chance to regain any form here though. I'd bet on Araujo as 3rd CB, and even those minutes are limited, let imagine being 4th CB.

Raketa10

He'll never get the chance to regain any form here though. I'd bet on Araujo as 3rd CB, and even those minutes are limited, let imagine being 4th CB.

I agree but Pique is 34y old. There is no chance he will stay injury free for the entire season. We need Araujo and one more CB.

Messi983

Not a bad player. Just out of form after the last injury and now out of favour. Contract up 2022 so Chelsea probably favour an escape plan this summer.

I wouldn't mind Rudiger or another more experienced CB who's not in the plans of other big team on loan with a buy option (which we wouldn't trigger unless he would really play well) and have him as a 4th CB for a year. Araujo should be a 3rd CB and get enough minutes to prove his worth this season then once he's more or less established we can bring Garcia next year for free.

Or if he'll decide to stay at City/not come here I'd be also ok with that. I'm still not totally sold on him and think there are better options out there we should consider next year who could immediately step in for Pique (this should be his last season as a starter).

Is it beyond Bar?a to buy an actual defender first. Lenglet is a fine enough ball player but as a defender he is about as sturdy as a castle made of butter.

Buy a defender who can fucking DEFEND. Or is that against the invented tradition of sacred Catalan principles?

Messi983

TV3 with an idea of Rafinha (+ money I guess) for Garcia and Zinchenko swap. Very likely BS.

Not really high on Garcia but wouldn't mind a straight swap him for Rafinha. Have no idea why Pep would want Rafinha though.

And we don't need Zinchenko unless we have a really good offer for Firpo which I don't believe. And even then I'd prefer to keep Junior.

Home of Barca Fans